GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 05:25   #1111 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 50673
Thanks Meter: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegs
I've posted your request at siemens-club forum. Hopefuly someone will come up with suggestions.
WOW, thanks!
Anyway, just yesterday I found some other free space (about 300 Byte) in "my" patching area.
So, problem in not so terrible urgent as I thougth (I've to post a new patch soon).
But question is still alive and usefull for the near future!

Quote:
I also have a question to you, which might interest other folks as well:

Is it possible instead of disabling message boxes to reduce the time of their showing on the screen? Particularly in your patch *** Profile Toggle Entry Point *** - sometimes profiles don't differ much, so without the message box you can't be sure you've switched to the right one, but when it hangs there for 3 seconds, that's sort of annoying. Is it possible to reduce the time, say, to 0.5 sec? Like in patches *** Cyclic change of languages while writing SMS *** or *** Choosing language everywhere *** (English names might be different, but I think you know what I'm talking about):

;068246: B80B yyxx; where xxyy is the time of showing message in ms.
068246: B80B F401; =500 ms.

Is it possible to do a similar trick with other message boxes? Would be super
The fact is that (almost) each messagebox has its own delay time, specified by a byte (or word) value. This is of course in "menu fw area" (0x00000-0x80000) but is terribly difficul to search and find them.
So change the dalay time for that "profile selected: x" Messagebox IS possible, but really require a lot of time in fw searching.
So, IMHO ins't worthy to spend all that time. If I'll find it by accident (happened many times), I'll remember your request.
Possible other solutions:
-delete MsgBox and use a profile indicator (profile logo, profile string,...)
-I can change the msgbox type (eg. msgBox V "profile name", or the one used in *** Cyclic change of languages while writing SMS ***) but it doesn't seem more quick
-you press any key when msgbox is on, and it disappears immediately

BTW, I don't know *** Choosing language everywhere ***, maybe was not ever posted here. What does it make?
Bye

Lalo
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44   #1112 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@entropy and Misko:
I'm searching to recreate "autosize" bug in NAMv3, but really I can't find it.
For me is working perfectly.
So, please, post here the patch you have applied and the EXACT configuration of NAM profile items (visible-unvisible) that are causing that "jump errors".
If I cannot recreate the bug on my phones, I cannot even correct it...
Bye

Lalo
Old 07-11-2005, 12:36   #1113 (permalink)

Member: 148531
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo.lerry
WOW, thanks!
Anyway, just yesterday I found some other free space (about 300 Byte) in "my" patching area.
So, problem in not so terrible urgent as I thougth (I've to post a new patch soon).
But question is still alive and usefull for the near future!
One suggestion from MLena - to remove unnecessary information from the language pack with help of LangEdit program and use the freed space for your patches. Not sure you'll want to go this route, since you'll probably want to keep your patches language-independent, but at least this is something to consider. Another idea - here is a link to probably the biggest collection of patches, including most of patches published here and at siemens-club forum: http://www.asterix.hotmail.ru/All_SME45i.zip . The comments are in Russian, but at least you can see the code and check if a particular area is free. The best solution probably would be to create a map of patches, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it. With so many existing and new patches it would be a very helpful tool to avoid conflicts.

Quote:
The fact is that (almost) each messagebox has its own delay time, specified by a byte (or word) value. This is of course in "menu fw area" (0x00000-0x80000) but is terribly difficul to search and find them.
So change the dalay time for that "profile selected: x" Messagebox IS possible, but really require a lot of time in fw searching.
So, IMHO ins't worthy to spend all that time. If I'll find it by accident (happened many times), I'll remember your request.
Possible other solutions:
-delete MsgBox and use a profile indicator (profile logo, profile string,...)
-I can change the msgbox type (eg. msgBox V "profile name", or the one used in *** Cyclic change of languages while writing SMS ***) but it doesn't seem more quick
-you press any key when msgbox is on, and it disappears immediately
I'm already doing 1 and 3 To some extent it solves the problem, so it's rather a matter of perfection than a need

Quote:
BTW, I don't know *** Choosing language everywhere ***, maybe was not ever posted here. What does it make?
It's Ramil_'s patch that pops up the Language input dialogue on the "T9 info" soft-key - both in New SMS and Notes windows. If it was not posted to this forum, I can do it, but I don't know if it will work for other languages.

Last edited by olegs; 07-11-2005 at 12:51.
Old 07-11-2005, 19:54   #1114 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 70990
Thanks Meter: 1
@Lalo:

Hi Lalo...I think you're back again??? Hope so...

Just a little reminder...here

...and a little question about custamization for item-numbers for NAM3:

How have I to change custamization of e.g. TIC

Quote:
;CUSTOMIZATION:
;Selection throught NAMv3 (you must have NAM patch applied):
;default = profile 2, item 3 (time)
7E514: FFFF DF09 ;assign 2.3 item to TIC patch (uncomment)
If I want it e.g. in Profile 1 - Item 11???

Or isn't it so easy...???

So long...

genetic

...Tested now...

Quote:
;*** TIC. Time in Calls ***

;Firmware : S-ME45i v04
;Author : Lalo
;luki's Siemens Modding Forum <http://www.forumcommunity.net/?c=3784>
;Release : 11.07.05 - v1

;This patch adds a new line with time just over the animation in call screen.
;Time display (also in 12AM-PM format if this option is flagged in NAMv3 - profile 1, item 9)
;is selectable through my NAMv3, profile 2, item 3.

55C9EC: DAFC44DD DA8740F5 ;normal call screen
55CB66: DAFC44DD DA8740F5 ;conference call screen

7F540: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF D7405B00F2F2602E9AF22220DACAF097
7F550: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF E6F67237E6F74400E6F87837F097F0C6
7F560: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF F0D7DAC63A2CDACC3E37DACA949AD740
7F570: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 4200F2F23C3F9AF20380DA87D0CE0D02
7F580: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF DAC6743AF048F059DAC82029DACB5A8F
7F590: FFFFFFFF FAFC44DD

;CUSTOMIZATION:
;Selection throught NAMv3 (you must have NAM patch applied):
;default = profile 2, item 3 (time)
7E514: FFFF DF09 ;assign 2.3 item to TIC patch (uncomment)
...doesn't work for me!!!

There is NO time shown if I connected!!! (Item is flagged in NAM!)

Please, can you test it?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by genetic1; 07-12-2005 at 17:27.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:34   #1115 (permalink)

Member: 140865
Me too... after I apllied TIC patch, my phone died when i make a phonecall....
Old 07-13-2005, 06:33   #1116 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@Olegs:
Quote:
One suggestion from MLena - to remove unnecessary information from the language pack with help of LangEdit program and use the freed space for your patches. Not sure you'll want to go this route, since you'll probably want to keep your patches language-independent, but at least this is something to consider. Another idea - here is a link to probably the biggest collection of patches, including most of patches published here and at siemens-club forum: http://www.asterix.hotmail.ru/All_SME45i.zip . The comments are in Russian, but at least you can see the code and check if a particular area is free. The best solution probably would be to create a map of patches, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it. With so many existing and new patches it would be a very helpful tool to avoid conflicts.
Well, as you already said, I don't want to force patchers to have to modify their lgp only to apply my patches. I think that patching should be kept the easiest thing in the world, to allow newbies to start the new game.
Morover, there are in 6MB FuBu still quite a lot of unused space, so there is no need to use lgp one, and sooner or later I'll try to increase flexmem capacity deleting unused languages, as in S55 patch.

So, as you said, the best solution would be to map the used areas, and maybe to "assing" each patchmaster a "own" area (and in RAM, also)... partly this has already happened with an unwritted "patchmaster agreement", as for example, nobody has used "my" area (87xxxx), neither I have used thier ones.
So, a good starting point would be that every patchmaster maps his actual area, with already pubblished patches and with a rasonable amount of free space for his future patches
I can do it by my side, and post in patches threat.
Anyway, since I've still some empty space in my area, this is not a urgent job... but a good job, indeed.

@genetic:
hello my friend!
No, I'm not back... it had just again 10 free days (now finished).
Anyway, don't warry, I remember your request, and before stopping me again I'll make it.
Changing profile and item...I've already answered you, it's not so easy and IMHO could cause a lot of mess.
If you really really want I'll teach you how to obtain it, but wouldn't add this "customization option" in my selectable patches.

@all:
Sorry for TIC... of course I test it on my phones before publishing, and on mine is working fine.
I'll find the bug ASAP
Bye

Lalo
Old 07-13-2005, 19:14   #1117 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
@genetic:
hello my friend!
No, I'm not back... it had just again 10 free days (now finished).
Anyway, don't warry, I remember your request, and before stopping me again I'll make it.
Changing profile and item...I've already answered you, it's not so easy and IMHO could cause a lot of mess.
If you really really want I'll teach you how to obtain it, but wouldn't add this "customization option" in my selectable patches.
...Thanks in advance...

You're absolutely right, about "changing profile & item" - sorry I've forgotten - but you don't need to teach me how to obtain it. I think it's okay the way it is!!!

Only one little note/question...I think it would be VERY USEFULL to intergrate

;*** VBHWC. (just another) Vibra, Beep, Highlight When Connected v3.0***

into NAM3.

So long

genetic
Old 07-14-2005, 22:16   #1118 (permalink)

Member: 91950
About TIC, try to disable both 12 hours and time (in NAM), dial, then enable it, then dial agin, try some on/off combinations, it worked for me
Old 07-15-2005, 09:16   #1119 (permalink)

Member: 140865
Thumbs up Yeah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhACK0
About TIC, try to disable both 12 hours and time (in NAM), dial, then enable it, then dial agin, try some on/off combinations, it worked for me
thx... u'r right... after i disable 12 hours in NAM, everything is ok.... thx
Old 07-15-2005, 12:17   #1120 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tLuN
thx... u'r right... after i disable 12 hours in NAM, everything is ok.... thx
I've 12 Hours not applied deactivated 12 hours in NAM - so I can't en-/disable 12 hours in NAM and TIC DOESN'T work!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 22:45   #1121 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 25285
hi,
what exaclty fullflash i should have in my phone to patching from this thread?
now i have s45i v4 applied today from swup number 030406 and after appling first patch from topic ("hide sim-aplication menu"), phone turn on, work couple minutes and then turn off and never turn on again because of WRONG SOFTWARE
what is wrong?
Old 07-16-2005, 23:26   #1122 (permalink)
No Life Poster

it's wrong that you didn't apply frist the "necessary patch for using i version on a S45". So apply it, unlock phone with Freia and all will work!
Old 07-16-2005, 23:59   #1123 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 25285
@lalo.lerry:
thanks! i probably must "using S45iv04 firmware with CRC-Check disabled" but where can i find that "necessery patch for using i to s45"?
its not found on s45i patches thread

[edit]
its done with ACID s45i activator from http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...=pl&lr=lang_pl
thanks for the clue LALO

Last edited by k-mac; 07-17-2005 at 00:45.
Old 07-17-2005, 19:27   #1124 (permalink)

Member: 60869
Question Some question...

Some question about TIC. Time in Calls.

How to change used text field coordinates. This text field used also for messages about microphone off etc...?
Sorry for my *** anglish
Old 07-18-2005, 12:08   #1125 (permalink)

Member: 148531
Quote:
sooner or later I'll try to increase flexmem capacity deleting unused languages, as in S55 patch.
That would be great. How big can it be made?

Quote:
So, a good starting point would be that every patchmaster maps his actual area, with already pubblished patches and with a rasonable amount of free space for his future patches
I can do it by my side, and post in patches threat.
Anyway, since I've still some empty space in my area, this is not a urgent job... but a good job, indeed.
I can make announcement about that in siemens-club forum, but I'm not sure how to word it - I don't want it to sound silly If you write it, I can translate and post it there.

Question to you. I asked it in different forums, but so far have gotten no answer - maybe you can clarify it. Is it possible to make a patch that would sort outgoing sms by date? It would be nice to have one