GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 271880
Sonork: 100.1578866
Thanks Meter: 1,289
Donate money to this user
8310 show sorry only emergency call are allowed

i try to useing bangladsh 8310 from canada at&t i unlocked done network ok massege send ok recieve ok but call problem when calling show sorry only emergency call are allowed .
please help
Old 07-20-2008, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 258172
Thanks Meter: 10,367
you need to remove IT policy , here is the working solution how to remove IT policy tested by me many times

Go to your Options : Security >> Security Options (the same page where you can enable/disable passwords) & scroll to the bottom. If there's an IT policy attached, it will be mentioned there. Remove the IT policy using these instructions

Procedure
Step 1 : Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again. If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 : Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3 : Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device. If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 : Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5 : From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6 : Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7 : Connect the Device. Verification Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Things should be back to ok

BEST REGARDS
::.::RAMJAN::.::@TRUST_GSM™

Last edited by ::.::RAMJAN::.::; 01-06-2010 at 18:28. Reason: download link change
The Following 237 Users Say Thank You to ::.::RAMJAN::.:: For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-21-2008, 07:49   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 271880
Sonork: 100.1578866
Thanks Meter: 1,289
Thanks solve my problem
Old 12-23-2008, 18:55   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 170313
Thanks Meter: 46
yes good work perfect

Last edited by ::.::RAMJAN::.::; 01-19-2009 at 05:06. Reason: Quote remove
Old 01-18-2009, 04:03   #5 (permalink)

Member: 887675
Thanks Meter: 0
Bro, I can't download policy.bin Please post new one.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:23   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khmer GSM View Post
Bro, I can't download policy.bin Please post new one.

Thanks.
here policy bin

br
Attached Files
File Type: rar policy.rar (14.6 KB, 14630 views)
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to ::.::RAMJAN::.:: For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-18-2009, 14:05   #7 (permalink)

Member: 950222
link to policy.bin doesn't works

Hello Ramjan, thanks for your info.

But to link to the file policy.bin doesn't work....

Is it possible from you to fix it?!

Thanks in advance....

Last edited by ::.::RAMJAN::.::; 01-19-2009 at 05:06. Reason: Quote remove
Old 01-18-2009, 14:10   #8 (permalink)

Member: 950222
Oups Sorry! I haven't seen your second reply....

Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 15:47   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 421487
Thanks Meter: 58
i also bb 8300 only emergency call allowed network bar ok i fallowos the instuction change it policy i cannot under stand after gonging to policy manager \new\strig value\ dubble click the [valuo path sub key] where is value path sub key and how value set and step 7 what is varification whatis option of phone or pc pl help i strugel this along one month pl give me video link if possibel
Old 01-19-2009, 04:44   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

pl give me idea sir i am watting for you reply
Old 01-19-2009, 05:09   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit50 View Post
i also bb 8300 only emergency call allowed network bar ok i fallowos the instuction change it policy i cannot under stand after gonging to policy manager \new\strig value\ dubble click the [valuo path sub key] where is value path sub key and how value set and step 7 what is varification whatis option of phone or pc pl help i strugel this along one month pl give me video link if possibel

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

Open the Desktop Manager.

Connect the Device & wait for connect with Desktop Manager

br
Old 01-19-2009, 08:05   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

sir what is path sub key whith value data where is thes option
Old 02-02-2009, 03:18   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4121
Thanks Meter: 11
hehe finally it s working after many tries :d thank you
Old 02-08-2009, 11:27   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 552244
Sonork: 100.1578827
Thanks Meter: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::.::RAMJAN::.:: View Post
you need to remove IT policy , here is the working solution how to remove IT policy tested by me many times

Go to your Options : Security >> Security Options (the same page where you can enable/disable passwords) & scroll to the bottom. If there's an IT policy attached, it will be mentioned there. Remove the IT policy using these instructions

Procedure
Step 1 : Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again. If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 : Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3 : Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device. If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 5 : From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

Step 7 : Connect the Device. Verification Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

BEST REGARDS
I've triyed Itpolicy remove from BB 7100 with ths way. But same condition. need to know "New String value name Path or Subkey to Finally Itpolicy remove ? Please help Mr. Ramjan
Old 02-08-2009, 11:48   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 552244
Sonork: 100.1578827
Thanks Meter: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::.::RAMJAN::.:: View Post

Procedure

BEST REGARDS
I've triyed Itpolicy remove from BB 7100 with ths way. But same condition. need to know "New String value name (Rename ?) Path or Subkey to Finally Itpolicy remove ? Please help Mr. Ramjan
Here is a screenshot of registry editor

Please tell me anything wrong ? giva a screenshot to finally itpolicy remove from BB 7100. Thank Mr. Ramjan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .::MD_AKTER::. For This Useful Post: