GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27   #1696 (permalink)

Member: 98017
Thanks Meter: 0
TTM5 on P910I

I finally installed a right version on my P910I and an other on my N6600 to see what is the best. On N6600 I have a problem with French voices, Italian and English voices work but I tried to install French ones and it doesn't work. It seems to be a frequency trouble, because for the N6600 voices have to be compiled at 16000K. I am not able to find the right one.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:01   #1697 (permalink)

Member: 355346
Hi there, I've just resigned myself to the fact that this will simply not work corectly on some A1000's (mine included). The frustrating part is that there are many posts from owners stating that it does work without any issues. What makes the difference is beyond me. I still think that TomTom without voices is better than Route66 or some of the other current offerings. Cheers.

Old 09-25-2006, 15:11   #1698 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 202278
Thanks Meter: 2
Angry tt 5 voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirex View Post
I finally installed a right version on my P910I and an other on my N6600 to see what is the best. On N6600 I have a problem with French voices, Italian and English voices work but I tried to install French ones and it doesn't work. It seems to be a frequency trouble, because for the N6600 voices have to be compiled at 16000K. I am not able to find the right one.
Try this link guy

All TOMTOM System VOICES.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IAI70M5N

bye jl

Old 09-25-2006, 20:09   #1699 (permalink)

Member: 357254
Tomtom 5 Western USA Map

Hi,

I would like the western US map for tomtom 5.

i.e. the tomtom 5 map covering the states of Washington (WA), Oregon (OR), Idaho (ID), California (CA), Nevada (NV), Utah (UT) and Arizona (AZ) all on the one map. I already have the individual maps for these states.

Somebody did upload this map a while ago on rapidshare.de (but its been deleted now).

Hope somebody can help. Many Thanks.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:48   #1700 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Angry usa west

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1001 View Post
Hi,

I would like the western US map for tomtom 5.

i.e. the tomtom 5 map covering the states of Washington (WA), Oregon (OR), Idaho (ID), California (CA), Nevada (NV), Utah (UT) and Arizona (AZ) all on the one map. I already have the individual maps for these states.

Somebody did upload this map a while ago on rapidshare.de (but its been deleted now).

Hope somebody can help. Many Thanks.
Try these link
http://www.rapidshare.de/files/21193505/WE.part1.rar.html
http://www.rapidshare.de/files/21194024/WE.part2.rar.html

thanks to uploader
bye jl
password= only4pda

Last edited by jlucas0769; 09-27-2006 at 14:11. Reason: pwd

Old 09-26-2006, 18:45   #1701 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 254921
latest UK speed camera's

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QA0M91W9

courtesy of another forum

Old 09-27-2006, 09:42   #1702 (permalink)

Member: 252730
Cool Warn When Near Poi

@ Worldwide
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
Hi there...
i got the TT software running on my phone...have the latest maps...but still
can not get those radarwarners(germany) get to work...can somebody help ?

P910i
TT5 5.2.02(542) and german map V562

Thanx in advance..what now work is very simple..cant get the POIs on/off, they do not show up at all...and i put the warners into the map directory directly
The application can only read a limited amount of poi's at one time, regardless of how many you have in the map folder.

To get around this:

1: insert card into card reader on pc.
2: copy single 'poi' file onto desktop or somewhere you can find it easily.
3: delete poi file from folder on mem card.
4: put card in phone, restart tomtom.
5: TT should now see the radar files.
6: Set up 'warn when near POI' (takes a while to do each category)
I did 500meter warnings for each camera/radar, this is ok for motorway, maybe you would want less for smaller roads with lower speedlimits as mine is going off all the time in built up areas!)
7:When you have finished, close TT and put card into reader.
8:drag poi file back into map folder.
9:card in phone, restart TT.
10: you may not see all the radar poi in the list of 'find poi', however, you will have the warnings you have programmed in step 6 when they are on your route.

Hope this helps.

p.s.. If you are doing many maps at a time then put the poi files in different folders ie 'name of map...poi' as for each map they are all named only 'poi' and will be overwritten by each other if they are put in the same place.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:49   #1703 (permalink)

AS STATED BEFORE BY A COUPLE OF OTHERS......

Symbian UIQ 3 operating system is not backwards compatible with uiq 2 software.
And Tomtom 6 is only developed for ppc windows mobile 5 AT THE MOMENT.

So, SE p990i (WHICH HAS uiq 3 OpSys) WILL NOT operate TT mobile 5 as TT5 runs on uiq 2 software.

And nor will p910i (uiq 2) or p990i (uiq 3) run TT6 as TT6 has only been developed for tomtom's own products and ppc mobile. ie NOT UIQ WHETHER 2 OR 3.

TT6 does not have maps for much of eastern europe, although the ones it does have are slightly more updated than for TT5. (SO I am told, havent tried TT6)

The eastern europe map for TT5 (thanks to original poster on this forum) is generally ok, I got from holland to Moscow, via sazka arena in prague (listed on the poi in DE-PL-CZ-HU-ETC...map BUT NOT IN Eastern Europe_map) map,) then via Warsaw and north via latvia into Russia.

I was in a truck so the route TT tried to take from Wroclaw to Warsaw was wrong as I needed to go via Katowice to avoid the weight limits.

You can get around this by using 'travel via' but it isn't foolproof.

Also, because Czech, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and all the new additions to the EU are building new roads all the time, it will be a long while before ANY nav system will be completelly of use in those parts of europe.

Best advice is READ A MAP FIRST! If it tries to take you off onto a little side road unexpectedly, IGNORE IT, carry on a bit on the road you thought it should be, you will eventually come to the right turning and it will be the right road!

On the whole, all the TT5 maps for the rest of europe and scando are pretty good and certainly give better directions than R66 (2005), Mcrosft Autoroute (06) or any others like prymenav.

....I hear the later version of Route66 will work on uiq3...???

So, for the moment at least, I'm sticking with my p910i and TT5, I have all the plus maps aprt from iberia and france as they wouldnt fit on the mem stick and the eastern europe which is also a plus map.

I have the complete western europe map with eastern europe map on anothe stick. I havent used it yet as I had only just got all the poi warners fixed up, but I guess it should be as good or better than the single maps. got to get around to transferring all the places Ive pinpointed into favorites onto the one map.

dOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET FAVOURITES /POI file FROM SINGLE MAPS INTO 'WESTERN EUROPE MAP' SO IT CAN BE READ, OR IS THIS NOT POSSIBLE??

Tricky, you knew a bit about favorites and files a while back.

Also, DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE TT5 MAPS CAN BE READ BY TT6?? I guess they should be as TT5 can also run on ppc n'est pas??

ONCE AGAIN MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL ORIGINAL UPLOADERS AND KNOWLEDGE SHARERS ON THIS FORUM. ALL THE ANSWERS ARE HERE!!! JUST READ IT....LOL

MOST FILES FROM THIS FORUM CAN BE downloaded FROM EMULE, JUST PUT 'TOMTOM' IN SEARCH AND CLICK ON THE ONE YOU NEED.

I have files there and so do many other uploaders as well so it doesnt take too long even for large files.

I have tried to use megaupload and others, emule is the only one I can get to work properly for me.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL TT5 for SEp910i uploaders and people like TrickyD and MikiF and all the others who have shared their knowledge (& files)

----NOW-----WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TO?????

Old 09-27-2006, 11:29   #1704 (permalink)

@ Worldwide try this one for speed cams germany

http://rapidshare.de/files/34610772/...rstationen.zip

If that works I can put a load more stuff on rapidshare if people still want it.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:32   #1705 (permalink)

Member: 344989
TO trickydave,

hello trickydave:I have moto a925, and I installed the tomtom 5.202.sis file supplied by AkA VipeR in post 1611 and software from app 5.202 supplied by Trickydave in post 1512. after i cover the p-series ttmobile files into c:\sys\app\ttmobile.

it open the application, and shows the welcome page, but it look like German, I CLICK down left conner button "OVI verwalten" it jump out and shows :

"Program closed
Program TomTom MOBILE
Reason code KERN-EXEC
Reason number 3"

which on right hand down conner is "Abbrechen" button, this is look like exit, it close the program immediately.

could u tell me what reason is that please, i saw somebody in this thread said it works on the a925. is any thing i did wrong?

thanks a lot.

Last edited by tommy8850; 09-27-2006 at 12:47.

Old 09-27-2006, 13:44   #1706 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 147270
Thanks Meter: 16
Cool

tommy8850_ I do not have a a925 to test on sorry mate.

I Found this thanks to (motorazr)

TomTom Mobile 5 for A1000/A925

Firstly let me say that TomTom was never meant to be loaded onto an A1000 or A925 but with a bit of tweaking it will work!
It will work on the A925 but SORRY, no sound. The method of installing the files I will base on the fact that you have Nopex installed on your A1000 and have an x drive.

1. TomTom Bugs:

1. TomTom will not work on an A1000 using it's internal GPS, you will require a bluetooth GPS which you can get quite readily from Ebay.

2. There appears to be a bug with TomTom sound files working on A925's, to date, I am not aware of any work around to fix this problem. However inspite of this it does become a very good street directory even without the voices on the A925.

3. there is a bug with the backlight not working on the A1000 using night mode....there is a fix to this problem.

4. Do NOT pair your bluetooth GPS to the mobile as this will under some circumstances cause problems with the software....... allow it to locate and link without a passcode.

2. Obtaining Files:

Use the search button or google and look for forums there are numerous places out there with all the maps you need, I don't want to make it too easy but piratebay is your friend as is GSM-forum and i-phone, search.

There are numerous formats of tomtom out there, you specifically need to locate the Mobile version titled (of course) TomTom mobile 5, version 5.2 (build 540, works extremely well on the A1000). When you locate the file version 5.2 and expand it you may have an option of choosing a version for the SE P910i this will work also, as it is a version of 5.2 (5.21 or 5.202 to be exact), or for symbian UIQ.

Choose the version for symbian UIQ.

I have had versions 5.21, 5.202 and 5.2 loaded and 5.2 appears to work slightly better with faster hookup times to the GPS with less errors linking. Either way you will then end up with a file titled MMSSC, all the files you need are contained within this folder.

3. Maps:

Maps from any version of TOMTOM are compatible in the mobile software, ie those from TomTom Navigator,Go etc.

Search for your maps the same way you did for the software if you have problems once the software is installed with it wanting an activation key you either have the wrong "fixed" version or you may need to install the Guam Map. The reason the "fixed" Guam map is used is that is is extremely small in memory size and is required for you to use the other maps, remember, you may or may not require it. If you search 'GSM forum' you will find a comprehensive range of maps.

4. Loading Files On the A1000:

You will require a micro flash card to contain the TomTom file on your mobile, around 128mb is bare minimum for some maps and upto 1 gb for others, so when you have located your maps this is where you place the files.

Directory structure to use with nopEX:

Copy Licenses
System\Apps\TTMOBILE and TomTom subfolders to
X:\ as X:\Licenses, X:\System\Apps\TTMOBILE and X:\TOMTOM

Copy:
System\Apps\TTNAVCONTACTS to C:\System\Apps\TTNAVCONTACTS
( TTNAVCONTACTS.APP could be placed at X:\System\Apps\TTNAVCONTACTS to save space)

Copy VOICES and Maps to D:\
Copy ZIP to D:\ (Full Postal Code adds-on)
Copy special voices to D:\VOICES
Copy Speed Camera Database's .bmp and .ov2 files (e.g. the single file version @ pocketgps_uk_sc_sep05.zip\single file version\ov2 bmp files) to the map directory (e.g. D:\Great_Britain_Plus-Map)

so in the end it will look a bit like this:

C:\system\apps\TTNAVCONTACTS\TTNAVCONTACTS.AIF
\TTNAVCONTACTS.AIP
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r01
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r02
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r03
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r04
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r05
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r06
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r07
\TTNAVCONTACTS.r018

D:\map name-Map\...

\VOICES\DATA04.CHK
\VOICES\DATA04.VIF
\VOICES\DATA05.CHK
\VOICES\DATA04.VIF

\ZIP\(postcodes)Postal

\tomtom\data.chk

\TTmobile

X:\itn
\Licences
\raster
\schemes
\system\apps\TTMOBILE\TREMOR.DLL
\system\apps\TTMOBILE\TTMOBILE.aif
\system\apps\TTMOBILE\TTMOBILE.APP
\system\apps\TTMOBILE\TTMOBILE.mbm
\system\apps\TTMOBILE\TTMOBILE.rsc

5. Patching the Backlight on night mode:

If you are lucky enough to find a patched version 5.2 all the better.

For those of you who may want to try patching the backlight here are the fixes, edit TTMOBILE.APP using a Hexeditor :

PATCH Blacknight on Night Mode

FileOffset: Old Value New Value
000CC6D4: CC 01
000CC6D5: 10 00
000CC6D6: 02 00
000CC6D7: EB EA

6. Backups of the A1000:

Take care as if you backup/Sync your A1000 as it affects the software of TOMTOM and you may need to reinstall it (tomtom).

7. Changing voice warnings on the POI's:

Not necessary but if you like to fiddle this can be altered.
Locate a website that allows you to obtain sample extracts of "text to voice" software and manufacture a few sound files like "you are approaching a red light speed camera" as .wav files. These voice samples can be anything you want them to be, not necessarily the above.
Using the tomtom POI sound patcher. Go here h**p://www.automated.it/ttg-poipatcher.html for instruction on making your own custom POI sound files.
Your audio files should be 16 bit mono and have a sample rate of 22050hz for TTGO and navigator or 16000hz sample rate for TomTom Mobile and saved as ogg files

8. Acceptable GPS devices.

I use a Holux GPSlim 236 which I obtained from ebay but generally any bluetooth gps would be suitable. If you find that the software is not linking to the external GPS after numerous tries and after checking the settings, It is more than likely that you have obtained a version that has not had the GPS part of the software "doctored"or hexedited to accept gps other than TomTom branded Gps's. You will need to find another version of 5.2 that has been 'fixed'.

9. Additional colour schemes.

If you logon to the TomTom site with a name and email address preferably one you have made up for such occassions, but, can still obtain and access any emails sent to that amail addy...then log on to the site from within the tomtom software on your mobile ( make sure you are connected to the internet) refer last page of the software under 'Download Extras' you will be able to obtain some free colour schemes. Alternatively if you already have these downloaded, place them in the schemes folder on the mobile.

10. Problems:

Sound : you may encounter voice problems after installing ie No sound, check the tomtom volume as it works indepedantly of the mobile phones volume control and in most cases you will find the software volume turned down.

Finally if you have the newer firmwares on your mobile and have no need of nopex then just move all the files that were on x drive to D.

credit to_motorazr

Last edited by trickydave; 09-27-2006 at 13:57.

Old 09-27-2006, 13:54   #1707 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydave View Post
tommy8850_ I do not have a a925 to test on sorry mate.
thank you motorazr and trickydave,
that is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry helpful ,and is the most completed virsion for moto mobile, and i 'll try this out, hope i can go through!!

thank u again!

Last edited by tommy8850; 09-27-2006 at 14:07.

Old 09-27-2006, 14:00   #1708 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy8850 View Post
TO trickydave,

hello trickydave:I have moto a925, and I installed the tomtom 5.202.sis file supplied by AkA VipeR in post 1611 and software from app 5.202 supplied by Trickydave in post 1512. after i cover the p-series ttmobile files into c:\sys\app\ttmobile.

it open the application, and shows the welcome page, but it look like German, I CLICK down left conner button "OVI verwalten" it jump out and shows :

"Program closed
Program TomTom MOBILE
Reason code KERN-EXEC
Reason number 3"

which on right hand down conner is "Abbrechen" button, this is look like exit, it close the program immediately.

could u tell me what reason is that please, i saw somebody in this thread said it works on the a925. is any thing i did wrong?

thanks a lot.

hello i try to translate the opening page meaning: "keine karte gefunden" no maps have been found, and i click the "OVI verwalten" it is jump out, so i think the problem for me now is to find a map, and put into the P-series, i am trying , hope i got the good news.

Old 09-27-2006, 14:22   #1709 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Angry Moto A925

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy8850 View Post
hello i try to translate the opening page meaning: "keine karte gefunden" no maps have been found, and i click the "OVI verwalten" it is jump out, so i think the problem for me now is to find a map, and put into the P-series, i am trying , hope i got the good news.
Tommy I think you need a TomTom Navigator version for your phone, I suppose is like A1000 a cell. with OS Windows Mobile inside.

The version TomTom Mobile is specific for cell. with OS Symbian.

bye jl

Old 09-27-2006, 14:30   #1710 (permalink)

Quote:
Tommy I think you need a TomTom Navigator version for your phone, I suppose is like A1000 a cell. with OS Windows Mobile inside.

The version TomTom Mobile is specific for cell. with OS Symbian.

bye jl
thanks jlucas0769, i think a925/a1000 are using the Symbian UIQ system, which need *.sis file to install program, not *.exe file, i haven't try tomtom navigator version, but i 'll try . thanks

Closed Thread