View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:49   #1703 (permalink)
c21nav

Member: 252730
Thanks Meter: 0
AS STATED BEFORE BY A COUPLE OF OTHERS......

Symbian UIQ 3 operating system is not backwards compatible with uiq 2 software.
And Tomtom 6 is only developed for ppc windows mobile 5 AT THE MOMENT.

So, SE p990i (WHICH HAS uiq 3 OpSys) WILL NOT operate TT mobile 5 as TT5 runs on uiq 2 software.

And nor will p910i (uiq 2) or p990i (uiq 3) run TT6 as TT6 has only been developed for tomtom's own products and ppc mobile. ie NOT UIQ WHETHER 2 OR 3.

TT6 does not have maps for much of eastern europe, although the ones it does have are slightly more updated than for TT5. (SO I am told, havent tried TT6)

The eastern europe map for TT5 (thanks to original poster on this forum) is generally ok, I got from holland to Moscow, via sazka arena in prague (listed on the poi in DE-PL-CZ-HU-ETC...map BUT NOT IN Eastern Europe_map) map,) then via Warsaw and north via latvia into Russia.

I was in a truck so the route TT tried to take from Wroclaw to Warsaw was wrong as I needed to go via Katowice to avoid the weight limits.

You can get around this by using 'travel via' but it isn't foolproof.

Also, because Czech, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and all the new additions to the EU are building new roads all the time, it will be a long while before ANY nav system will be completelly of use in those parts of europe.

Best advice is READ A MAP FIRST! If it tries to take you off onto a little side road unexpectedly, IGNORE IT, carry on a bit on the road you thought it should be, you will eventually come to the right turning and it will be the right road!

On the whole, all the TT5 maps for the rest of europe and scando are pretty good and certainly give better directions than R66 (2005), Mcrosft Autoroute (06) or any others like prymenav.

....I hear the later version of Route66 will work on uiq3...???

So, for the moment at least, I'm sticking with my p910i and TT5, I have all the plus maps aprt from iberia and france as they wouldnt fit on the mem stick and the eastern europe which is also a plus map.

I have the complete western europe map with eastern europe map on anothe stick. I havent used it yet as I had only just got all the poi warners fixed up, but I guess it should be as good or better than the single maps. got to get around to transferring all the places Ive pinpointed into favorites onto the one map.

dOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET FAVOURITES /POI file FROM SINGLE MAPS INTO 'WESTERN EUROPE MAP' SO IT CAN BE READ, OR IS THIS NOT POSSIBLE??

Tricky, you knew a bit about favorites and files a while back.

Also, DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE TT5 MAPS CAN BE READ BY TT6?? I guess they should be as TT5 can also run on ppc n'est pas??

ONCE AGAIN MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL ORIGINAL UPLOADERS AND KNOWLEDGE SHARERS ON THIS FORUM. ALL THE ANSWERS ARE HERE!!! JUST READ IT....LOL

MOST FILES FROM THIS FORUM CAN BE downloaded FROM EMULE, JUST PUT 'TOMTOM' IN SEARCH AND CLICK ON THE ONE YOU NEED.

I have files there and so do many other uploaders as well so it doesnt take too long even for large files.

I have tried to use megaupload and others, emule is the only one I can get to work properly for me.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL TT5 for SEp910i uploaders and people like TrickyD and MikiF and all the others who have shared their knowledge (& files)

----NOW-----WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TO?????

Page generated in 0.07475 seconds with 7 queries