GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cyclonebox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 02:33   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 996201
Thanks Meter: 315
TMA Cable and CYCLONE BOX HOW to Connect explained

Quote:
You use only one side at time. And it depends what FBUS cables you have at hand.RJ48 to Box 10pin or RJ45 Box7pin

I do not think you can not use TMA on CYCLONE directly you need another cable to covert CYCLONE PINout to GTi/MTBOX or UFS/JAF pinout. Once you have the coverted the CYCLONE pinout to 10pins or 7pins which TMA supports you can use the FBUS Cable, to unlock all DCT4+ and BB5 phones.

TMA adapter
allows to help customers taht got many problem in putting phone into Local mode by existing cables. After connecting thru TMA adapter you will be able to put phone into Local mode without any problems instead of normal powering on phone.

Used for:
TMA are used for entering phone in Local Mode on factory Fbus cables if they simply power ON phone normally. Adapter will nto work if your phone "blink" while you trying to power it ON.

NOTE: Adapter TMA got only one Rj48 socket to which you can connect MT-BOX 10 pin cables or 8 pin UFS cable. Due this we suggest to use it with only one standard of cables so for exampel MTBOX or JAF. The main problem of using one socket are pins in sokcet that can me demaged if you will put Rj45 cable and then try to connect MT-BOx cable (problem are in 2 pins that are missing in RJ45 and are in 10 pin cables). If you want to have adapter that support two kind of standard withtou any problems we suggest to review our EasyConnect 2in1 or 3in1

Features:
- possiblity to work on original GTI/MT-BOX 10 pin (Tx2, VPP also enabled) cables and correctly enter Local Mode by switch correct resistance on BSI line (0K; 2,2K; 3,3K; 4.7K; 5.1K, 6.8K, 7.5K, 10K)
- possiblity to work on JAF 7 pin cables as well as UFS cables for Nokia and enter Local Mode by switch correct resistance on BSI line (0K; 2,2K; 3,3K; 4.7K; 5.1K, 6.8K, 7.5K, 10K)

Specification:
- DIP switch for regulate resistance on BSI line
- RJ48 connector and RJ48 for connectign GTi/MTBOX cables with enable TX2 and VPP lines and RJ45 cable for UFS/JAF cables

RJ48 connector and RJ48 for connectign GTi/MTBOX cables with enable TX2 and VPP lines and RJ45 cable for UFS/JAF cables

You use only one side at time. And it depends what FBUS cables you have at hand.RJ48 to Box 10pin or RJ45 Box7pin

I do not think you can not use TMA on CYCLONE directly you need another cable to covert CYCLONE PINout to GTi/MTBOX or UFS/JAF pinout. Once you have the coverted the CYCLONE pinout to 10pins or 7pins which TMA supports you can use the FBUS Cable, to unlock all DCT4+ and BB5 phones.

CycloneBox = JAF/UFS = MT-BOX Cable Pinouts Compared

Also here the ultimate Nokia cable finder..
http://rapidshare.com/files/20774690...Es_PINOUTs.exe

http://www.ziddu.com/download/382494...FCABLEsPINOUTs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10xs4asking For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 02:45   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 996201
Thanks Meter: 315
Add a simple SPST switch if TMA do not have?? to support New BB5 and old BB5, DCT4+...

Old 07-08-2009, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 258446
Thanks Meter: 26

Just asking.

thanks

Old 07-08-2009, 21:35   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 117496
Sonork: 100.83919
Thanks Meter: 22,689
It's because one "schematics guy" marks TX as box TX, and seconds one box TX as phone RX weird but it is .

The Following User Says Thank You to karwos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 21:48   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 947561
Thanks Meter: 14,053
To be honest been doing some tests on the TMA cable in the last period...
Actually what I could see the USB cable used to give more power to the mobile works only if used with standard Jaf input and output..
The original project of the TMA cable was ok as it was working only on the correction of the BSI value which for a pure coincidence using a 10 pin RJ socket is always in the same position.. all the other pins were just pass through..
If you see the pinouts of the boxes the Vbat instead is in a different position (on a 10 pin socket is pin 2 for jaf cables pin 10 for MT-box cables) thsi is the reason why the TMA internal led don't work when used with Cyclone od jaf-like conection boxes but only with mt-box.
Load of chance TMA didn't gain a big market with the MT-box users so this "bug" never been discovered.
After this observation the best way to use the tma adapter is connecting the TX2 adapter (Yellow cable) to the box and the TMA to the TX2 adapter and use only Jaf-pinouts cables..
May be interesting to know the pro series of Gpg as the UFC are 8 pins cables using the pin 2 as VPP.. so using 8 pin cable with jaf pinouts we get as well the chance to use the VPP to boost the speed during the flashing job.

BR

Alex

Old 07-08-2009, 21:52   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 117496
Sonork: 100.83919
Thanks Meter: 22,689
IMHO better way would be to make COMBO-USB cable.
It will be universal for any box, and it will deliver at least 1000mA.
The idea is to make paraller V_USB_5V connection, so voltage will be still 5V but maximum current will be increased to ~1000mA.
If you know what i mean,
Input: 2 usb ports from PC/notebook
Output - USB_B (same used in common boxes)

Of course if we talk about voltage,
BSI is other story,

Old 07-08-2009, 22:05   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

My suggestion to the cable productors is always to make a Cyclone adaptor which include, apart a little switch to selct DCT4 and BB5 Mode, a bsi correction, a power module with an USB cable as input and two RJ connectors in the output for the MT and the Jaf cables.

This one will give to Cyclone the reliability about the power and full compatibility with all the cables on the market..
may be a good idea if you think about modify the TX2 adaptor ;-)

Other solution of course is internal power gestion with an external 5V dc power supply which give 5V to the Vbat and an internal DC DC converter to obtain the 9V for the VPP.. RJ48 port MT-box stile and converter MT-box to jaf with Switch for the DCT4/BB5 mode. This is the top level solution but more expensive..

BR

Alex

Old 07-08-2009, 22:48   #8 (permalink)
ptt
No Life Poster

Member: 348680
Thanks Meter: 1,273
Hi i agree with you Alex, and for members interested in adding external power to the box, see this post

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=765590

BR

Ptt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 575900
Thanks Meter: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulnisky View Post
My suggestion to the cable productors is always to make a Cyclone adaptor which include, apart a little switch to selct DCT4 and BB5 Mode, a bsi correction, a power module with an USB cable as input and two RJ connectors in the output for the MT and the Jaf cables.

This one will give to Cyclone the reliability about the power and full compatibility with all the cables on the market..
may be a good idea if you think about modify the TX2 adaptor ;-)

Other solution of course is internal power gestion with an external 5V dc power supply which give 5V to the Vbat and an internal DC DC converter to obtain the 9V for the VPP.. RJ48 port MT-box stile and converter MT-box to jaf with Switch for the DCT4/BB5 mode. This is the top level solution but more expensive..

BR

Alex
i Agree with ur Suggestion Alex
but i Hope a Good reasonable Price Adapter or Power Solution will come soon from GPG for all Cyclone Users

Old 07-09-2009, 05:53   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 45571
Thanks Meter: 45
I converted my TMA MT10pin to cyclone adaptor because i dont have MTBox so i could use TMA direct to cyclone box.Just remove wire 9 and soldered it direct to cyclone pin 3.While the yellow wire from TMA MT10pin which is cutted i soldered it to pin 9.Now i could use my TMA plugged direct to cyclone box without the yellow adaptor and same time use what it is made for-BSI resistance selector.

The Following User Says Thank You to fretburner For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 06:10   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 575900
Thanks Meter: 3,177
good for those who wanted to use it on Cyclone thanck for Detail..
Better if u can take PIC edit and show us here for users Easyness

Old 07-09-2009, 06:52   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
I converted my TMA MT10pin to cyclone adaptor because i dont have MTBox so i could use TMA direct to cyclone box.Just remove wire 9 and soldered it direct to cyclone pin 3.While the yellow wire from TMA MT10pin which is cutted i soldered it to pin 9.Now i could use my TMA plugged direct to cyclone box without the yellow adaptor and same time use what it is made for-BSI resistance selector.
This is really a superbe idea :-)
Sorry if I will copy it

BR

Alex

Old 07-09-2009, 07:40   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADEEM GONDAL View Post
i Agree with ur Suggestion Alex
but i Hope a Good reasonable Price Adapter or Power Solution will come soon from GPG for all Cyclone Users
Thanks Nadeem,
for what i know looks like Gpg is going shortly to give couple of solution for Cyclone like a new Cyclone adapter (With DCT4/bb5 switch and power module) and a new UFC cable with the power solution inside.
Shortly all these little problems will be old memories.

BR

Alex

Old 07-09-2009, 07:42   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt View Post
Hi i agree with you Alex, and for members interested in adding external power to the box, see this post

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=765590

BR

Ptt
Thanks always PTT for your suggestions and contribution.
Still I think your modify would be nice in the next revision of Cyclonebox Hardware.
Here your "Signature" in the new TMA adapter

http://files2.kedoz.com/Computer_Tec...AnoniBoard.JPG

BR

Alex

Old 07-09-2009, 08:40   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 288521
Thanks Meter: 685
]I converted my TMA MT10pin to cyclone adaptor because i dont have MTBox so i could use TMA direct to cyclone box.Just remove wire 9 and soldered it direct to cyclone pin 3.While the yellow wire from TMA MT10pin which is cutted i soldered it to pin 9.Now i could use my TMA plugged direct to cyclone box without the yellow adaptor and same time use what it is made for-BSI resistance selector.

pictures of this mod would be great