GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cyclonebox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 188959
Thanks Meter: 7
5800d-1 problem

Gday guys-I have a problem that I hope the Cyclonne crew and box MAY be able to solve?
I was presented a nokia 5800d-1 that was purchased in the UK , and may have also been unlocked there as well, but not sure whether it was flash based or code based.
The handset will not send or recieve any sms , mms, and will not register missed calls.
I flashed with the original version , [v24.0.**** ] and it worked ok for 2 weeks.
Handset was returned with the same issue 14 days later , so I tried to update firmware/software , [v34.0.****] , but still no result.
On closer investigation ,it was noted that message centre numbers can be changed easily, all settings can be changed , HOWEVER the message centre [vodafone] cannot be changed , and appears to be hard coded in some way [with no way to add or change].
It looks to have the UK message centre , but the Aus message centre number [ Voda] .
Can I use a particular file to flash into the handset ,or any advice would be greatfully accepted! [Alex????] .

Old 03-31-2010, 07:30   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 947561
Thanks Meter: 14,053
Hi
Flash the mobile using an unbranded firmware related to your region.
As well, to prevent the customer rebrand again the mobile doing a software update with NSS, change the product code of the mobile with the one used for the flash.

BR

Alex

Old 04-07-2010, 12:20   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 188959
Thanks Meter: 7
Gday Alex, sorry for the late reply , but have been testing this handset for a few days. The unit has had the product code changed , and upgraded to the latest nok firmware.
The phone still has the same problem. Of approx 10 sent/recieved text messages sent , only sent 1 arrived , 5 hours later! The rest went straight to the outbox,and were never sent.
Also, the handset still does register missed calls , even though it says missed call on the screen, but no details are ever stored...
Am starting to think hardware , however unit is not ingressed , and áppears ''structually'' intact [diplexor/s , filters, PA all ok , solders points intact and unbroken/uncorroded.
Any more ideas I could try , am finally stumped after years repairing this type of thing, and am fresh out of ideas!! Cheers