GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 15:06   #856 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1017374
Thanks Meter: 2,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_89 View Post
can anyone can give some pics of iphone 3gs temperature IC? im gonna try to repair this problem with "temperature warning" sign of iphone 3gs...It always reboot and shows "temperature warning".........How can i repair this ?????
ThnXXXXXXXXXXXX In Advance............
1.Try other battery.
2.Check for heat entire board with your lips after power on without LCD.
Old 01-26-2012, 13:37   #857 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

Member: 729715
Sonork: 100.1612056
Thanks Meter: 9
My iphone 3G wifi error unable to join the network plz help its argent
Old 01-26-2012, 15:40   #858 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 587083
Thanks Meter: 31
ipod touch 4gen charging ways need diagram please...
Old 01-27-2012, 16:22   #859 (permalink)

Member: 1709786
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wites View Post
You can edit for 10 minutes.

Unsolder the coil and chk if heat in other place.
Hello Wites do you remember that waterdamaged phone with the heating 6R8 coil? i've unsoldered that one, used a different dock connector to test unsoldered the connector #1 because it looked bad

So atm there is no connector #1 on the board, and no 6R8 coil but the power ic heats up within seconds now
should i replace it? or should i solder a new connector #1 1st? or a new 6R8 coil?

thx
Old 01-27-2012, 18:38   #860 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbaem View Post
Hello Wites do you remember that waterdamaged phone with the heating 6R8 coil? i've unsoldered that one, used a different dock connector to test unsoldered the connector #1 because it looked bad

So atm there is no connector #1 on the board, and no 6R8 coil but the power ic heats up within seconds now
should i replace it? or should i solder a new connector #1 1st? or a new 6R8 coil?

thx
If PMIC is heating it is shorted so replace it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2012, 22:23   #861 (permalink)

Quote:
If PMIC is heating it is shorted so replace it.
ok before i order one of those PMIC 3 more questions
#1 can it be one of those 3 parts in the red circle which is short and causes the heating? is there any way to measure that with an multimeter?
it heats up way to fast that i could check it with my lips xD

#2 what is a good price for such an PMIC? or can i use one from an broken board?

#3 i have 2 boards with broken(cracked) coils (the one in the blue circle) can they be the reason for no power up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pmic3gs.jpg (112.7 KB, 250 views)
Old 01-28-2012, 13:53   #862 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 519592
Thanks Meter: 4
hi i have 3gs the first problem is always in dfu mode we try to restore in itunes always error 21,i read some solution that it has be on batery or suply problem so we disconect the iphone 3gs 32 gig then use a regulated power supply with pcb board charging pin conector only then connect again in itunes we bypass the error 21 then get an error 1600 then again we reconect the cable and get error1601 after we reconect again the power supply automatic power off or it indicate shorted because it beeps we try to reconect again the board with power suply but it indicates shorted now and canot detect anymore in itunes in dfu mode we use tester or multimeter the pcb board now is shorted itry to put charger to trace if there is a parts or ic that is hot specialy the power ic or pmic its not hot or any other parts on the pcb board is hot now my problem is the pcb board has shorted how do we know if the power ic or pmic is shorted or what parts should we replace if the 3gs has shorted ia already try use charger to trace what parts is hot but no parts is been heated or hot please help me how to trace o repair this kind of problem i already start in dfu problem that resulted in shorted board because of regulated power supply we use
Old 01-28-2012, 15:51   #863 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 775828
Thanks Meter: 44
Quote:
Phone after water?
You replaced dock connector,but microphone didn't replaced???
NO,the phone does not water damaged, and i replaced doc connector with microphone include two times. this is board problem.I know that i can reball the audio ic,but may be you have another way(solution )........????
Old 01-28-2012, 19:30   #864 (permalink)

Member: 1699951
3g no power

Hello,

Got 3g that doesn't power on, not on charger, not on power button. Its dead. Dont see any damage. Battery reads 4V and it is good. LCD and whole assembly if good- tested. Power button is good - tested. Dock connector is also good.
Fuse if good.

I measured 3.8 V on coil.
Here's picture :
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

p.s. Does anybody knows value of GSM antena inductor coil in 3g. How many mH?
Old 01-28-2012, 19:48   #865 (permalink)

Member: 1699951
3g no power

Hello,

Got 3g that doesn't power on, not on charger, not on power button. Its dead. Dont see any damage. Battery reads 4V and it is good. LCD and whole assembly if good- tested. Power button is good - tested. Dock connector is also good.
Fuse if good.

I measured 3.8 V on coil.
Here's picture :
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

p.s. Does anybody knows value of GSM antena inductor coil in 3g. How many mH?

p.p.s. Sorry for double post, had connection problems... Dont know hot to delete this post...
Old 01-28-2012, 20:13   #866 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
ok before i order one of those PMIC 3 more questions
#1 can it be one of those 3 parts in the red circle which is short and causes the heating? is there any way to measure that with an multimeter?
it heats up way to fast that i could check it with my lips xD

#2 what is a good price for such an PMIC? or can i use one from an broken board?

#3 i have 2 boards with broken(cracked) coils (the one in the blue circle) can they be the reason for no power up?
1.Yes check with multimeter switched at diodes/beep testing if they short they will beep or show 001,if not short they show 345,500 etc this is good.
2.Yes you can use from other board if you are sure it is not bad/burn/short.
3.Not sure that is charging coil if it have crack in Ferite that is nothing also check if it beep is good but it also can be bad if beep,i check at omh if it show 00.1omh can be bad but if 00.3 or 00.4omh it can be good.
You compare readings between working phone and dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34   #867 (permalink)

Quote:
1.Yes check with multimeter switched at diodes/beep testing if they short they will beep or show 001,if not short they show 345,500 etc this is good.
2.Yes you can use from other board if you are sure it is not bad/burn/short.
3.Not sure that is charging coil if it have crack in Ferite that is nothing also check if it beep is good but it also can be bad if beep,i check at omh if it show 00.1omh can be bad but if 00.3 or 00.4omh it can be good.
You compare readings between working phone and dead.

Well they all beep... i guess this board will just rip^^
Ty for your help tho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_5458.jpg (89.6 KB, 173 views)
Old 01-30-2012, 13:54   #868 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Well they all beep... i guess this board will just rip^^
Ty for your help tho
If PMIC is heating replace it this short come from it.
Old 01-30-2012, 17:38   #869 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1678566
Thanks Meter: 16
Wites,

I have an iPhone 4 that was dropped from a building.

I changed the display and it seems to work however the sim card reader seems to be intermittent.

When I restore firmware, it says No Sim Installed, I put in a sim and it connects to a carrier and everything, however later on it says "No Sim Installed" or it says "Searching" even though the sim card is still inside. Then it says Restore Required and puts the phone in recovery mode and makes "no imei, no bt, no wifi" until I restore a new firmware and start again.

I looked at the logic board and nothing looks damaged. Just wondering if you ever had this problem?
Old 01-30-2012, 18:51   #870 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaseb View Post
Wites,

I have an iPhone 4 that was dropped from a building.

I changed the display and it seems to work however the sim card reader seems to be intermittent.

When I restore firmware, it says No Sim Installed, I put in a sim and it connects to a carrier and everything, however later on it says "No Sim Installed" or it says "Searching" even though the sim card is still inside. Then it says Restore Required and puts the phone in recovery mode and makes "no imei, no bt, no wifi" until I restore a new firmware and start again.

I looked at the logic board and nothing looks damaged. Just wondering if you ever had this problem?
Problem microkrack in balls at BB Flash and BB CPU reball first BB Flash then if not solve Reball BB CPU.