GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 22:47   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2463290
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone refurbishing LCD advise

Dear Forum

Please excuse my first post to be asking for help.

I have been refurbishing iphone lcd for a while, by manual operation, from separating with a heat gun to applying loca glue and using a uv lamp. The process takes more than an hour per LCD, sometimes if the backlight has issues i need to solder a new one and it can be a pain.

I have been thinking to purchase some better machines for laminating oca with automatic / semi automatic machines imported from China.

I've been doing some research and noticed the main issue people have is with the autoclave machines (de-bubble) the bubbles return back after a short time. This problem is one of my biggest concerns with getting these machines.

Q1. How often does this bubble issue occur? and how have you over come it? (from my days of using LOCA glue, my first thought was to use UV light it after it comes out of the autoclave)

Q2. I've heard people claim that semi-automatic separation machine are more prone to damaging the LCD and it's better to use a cheap manual one, can you confirm this to be true?

Q3. Are there any other issues I should know about before I purchase these machines?

I appreciate your advice and time with my post.

larn
Old 09-23-2015, 23:17   #2 (permalink)

I can't see an edit button, so i just wanted to add: does the bubbles problem happen with any phone, or is it just specific models? thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 22:28   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2080974
Thanks Meter: 12
i want to buy these machines! As i read the pressure is very important! Bubbles come back, because the autoclave is not set up correctly!
Old 09-30-2015, 13:05   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2336444
Thanks Meter: 1
what is the machine name and how much it will cost i want to buy also
Old 10-26-2015, 01:51   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2477961
Still looking for answers??

Hello..

I own everything there is to refurbish the LCD, do you still need answers or you got them already?

I am not trying to break any rule of this forum, but I even have the people in China that can help you with those machines, I am in the US and for me was relatively easy to get them, I don't know how that works where you live.

Anyway, if you still need help let me know, maybe we can help each other, you seems to have experience that I am trying to get, but we talk about that once you get your answers..

Good night..
Old 11-14-2015, 09:37   #6 (permalink)

I have alreaedy bought the machines, but thank you for your offer for help. I found the suppliers in China and bought the Touch times GM988 (5 in 1) and all the other machines are pretty much manual. I thought about getting the automatic glue removing machine with the touch panel, but i decided to wait.

My first Iphone 5s lcd came out with 1 0.5mm bubble, but i stopped the machine early because i was scared of a funny smell coming from the machine, turns out it was just becauase it was the first run