GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Volcano Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 21:11   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1932520
Thanks Meter: 4
Unhappy cant root mt6582 with volcano

hello everyone

to make it short :

i'm looking to root mt6582 on android 4.4.2

now,the root can be achieved easily through normal booting phone and adb,,iroot does it just fine

BUT VOLCANO can't.

Well,what i'm looking into is how to root the mt6582 in the following modes :

FACTORY MODE
META MODE
ATE MODE

i can do it just fine with the mt6572 and the ROOT is INSTANT with volcano android tab

so,can you help me find a way to root mt6582 in factory-meta-ate modes

thanks

Old 07-30-2015, 06:11   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1445819
Thanks Meter: 4,976
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by korabiko View Post
hello everyone

to make it short :

now,the root can be achieved easily through normal booting phone and adb,,iroot does it just fine

BUT VOLCANO can't.

FACTORY MODE
META MODE
ATE MODE

i can do it just fine with the mt6572 and the ROOT is INSTANT with volcano android tab

thanks
Some of MT6582 Not Supported to Root By Volcano .. Use Alternate Root Tools

Old 07-30-2015, 10:53   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 953334
Sonork: 100.1614005
Thanks Meter: 15,425
Quote:
hello everyone

to make it short :

BUT VOLCANO can't.

FACTORY MODE
META MODE
ATE MODE

thanks

Post Full Screenshot With Full Detail Of What Method you are using ,
You Can Also use Kingo Root For Android 4.4.2 .

Old 07-30-2015, 13:36   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1866877
Sonork: 100.1681933
Thanks Meter: 707
Use iRoot..... testes on mtk with 4.4

Old 07-30-2015, 19:10   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for replies

i'll be more precise this time :

when you get a LOCKED device with PATTERN-PIN-GMAIL, you can unlock it without using wipe/data and lose all the CONTENT of the phone. BUT to do so,you'll need ADB debugging activated,,,which isnt activated by default on most devices.

So you can unlock it by seeking ADB debugging in other modes of the phone. The methods to do so are many,thus the one i'm looking into:

FACTORY MODE ((booting with volume down + power on most devices))
META MODE ((booting through a software))
ATE mode ((booting through software too))

Now,in order to unlock them,you'll need to root them. Volcano is just great dealing with mt6572 and android 4.2.2. It roots them INSTANTLY and unlocks them with such ease...BUT the mt6582 with 4.4.2 seems to give some hardships for the VOLCANO

AND I MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM:

when i plug the kitkat device in, and type ''adb devices'',,,it returns ''offline''

Well,in the kitkat,when you plug the device with adb debugging for the 1st time,you'll need to accept the RSA fingerprint on the device,,telling the device to trust the PC. BUT in the FACTORY-META-ATE modes,you won't be able to press''ok"" button to tell the device to let the software use ABD on it....

and i think this is where the problem iS. Volcano ((or any other software)) can NOT use ADB on these devices UNLESS you grant the RSA FINGERPRINT your ''OK''

The volcano ((and all other softwares i used)) can not read the full information of the device...like '''is ADB'' of volcano,it just can't read the whole information,,,and this is because of the OFFLINE thing,,may be...so it wont be possible to play and modify the phone through ADB as long as you dont get rid of the offline thing,,,which is ONLY accessible through a normal boot of the phone...then setting,enable debugging,accept RSA......and of course i'm trying to access a LOCKED device,,,so it wont be possible

what i'm looking for is not a way to root the device in its normal state ((fully booted,debugging activated))....for,i can easily achieve that with IROOT

I M LOOKING FOR A WAY TO ROOT an MTK6582 DEVICE WITH ANDROID 4.4.2 in FACTORY-META-ATE modes

thanks for reading this whole stuff,,,,i hope you learned something at least. And i hope i'll find any answer to my request

The Following User Says Thank You to korabiko For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 06:50   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Thanks for replies

i'll be more precise this time :

when you get a LOCKED device with PATTERN-PIN-GMAIL, you can unlock it without using wipe/data and lose all the CONTENT of the phone. BUT to do so,you'll need ADB debugging activated,,,which isnt activated by default on most devices.

So you can unlock it by seeking ADB debugging in other modes of the phone. The methods to do so are many,thus the one i'm looking into:

FACTORY MODE ((booting with volume down + power on most devices))
META MODE ((booting through a software))
ATE mode ((booting through software too))

Now,in order to unlock them,you'll need to root them. Volcano is just great dealing with mt6572 and android 4.2.2. It roots them INSTANTLY and unlocks them with such ease...BUT the mt6582 with 4.4.2 seems to give some hardships for the VOLCANO

AND I MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM:

when i plug the kitkat device in, and type ''adb devices'',,,it returns ''offline''

Well,in the kitkat,when you plug the device with adb debugging for the 1st time,you'll need to accept the RSA fingerprint on the device,,telling the device to trust the PC. BUT in the FACTORY-META-ATE modes,you won't be able to press''ok"" button to tell the device to let the software use ABD on it....

and i think this is where the problem iS. Volcano ((or any other software)) can NOT use ADB on these devices UNLESS you grant the RSA FINGERPRINT your ''OK''

The volcano ((and all other softwares i used)) can not read the full information of the device...like '''is ADB'' of volcano,it just can't read the whole information,,,and this is because of the OFFLINE thing,,may be...so it wont be possible to play and modify the phone through ADB as long as you dont get rid of the offline thing,,,which is ONLY accessible through a normal boot of the phone...then setting,enable debugging,accept RSA......and of course i'm trying to access a LOCKED device,,,so it wont be possible

what i'm looking for is not a way to root the device in its normal state ((fully booted,debugging activated))....for,i can easily achieve that with IROOT

I M LOOKING FOR A WAY TO ROOT an MTK6582 DEVICE WITH ANDROID 4.4.2 in FACTORY-META-ATE modes

thanks for reading this whole stuff,,,,i hope you learned something at least. And i hope i'll find any answer to my request
Who Told you That You Must Need Adb For Gmail or Pattern remove ,
This is Old Story bro You can remove Gmail Pinlock And Pettern w/o adb With merapi tool pack 1 Add on of Volcano box .

Old 07-31-2015, 14:19   #7 (permalink)

I know about merapi. I have a RED volcano...when i bought it in March 2015...i didnt know about merapi. I contacted the reseller about activation...he said he ll see what he can do...a week ago...no response. Besides,merapi needs internet all time...and it deals with EMMC...no NAND for time been.

Anyway...can someone help me with the root please

Old 07-31-2015, 15:47   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
I know about merapi. I have a RED volcano...when i bought it in March 2015...i didnt know about merapi. I contacted the reseller about activation...he said he ll see what he can do...a week ago...no response. Besides,merapi needs internet all time...and it deals with EMMC...no NAND for time been.

Anyway...can someone help me with the root please
You can root With Third Party Tools Like
Kingo Root
Vroot-iRoot
RootGenius

Br

Old 07-31-2015, 21:16   #9 (permalink)

iroot can root the mt 6582 -kitkat-device when the latter is fully booted and normally functional...with adb debugging activated and RSA accepted. Volcano can Not. Nor can miracle box.

BUT iroot can NOT root the device with a kitkat in the FACTORY or META or ATE modes, nor can VOLCANO nor any tool i used.

volcano can root the 4.2.2 android on an mt 6572 in the FACTORY-META-ATE modes, as can do miracle box. But when it comes to 4.4.2....duh,nothing.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:40   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 569925
Sonork: 100.1624057
Thanks Meter: 6,313
Quote:
iroot can root the mt 6582 -kitkat-device when the latter is fully booted and normally functional...with adb debugging activated and RSA accepted. Volcano can Not. Nor can miracle box.

BUT iroot can NOT root the device with a kitkat in the FACTORY or META or ATE modes, nor can VOLCANO nor any tool i used.

volcano can root the 4.2.2 android on an mt 6572 in the FACTORY-META-ATE modes, as can do miracle box. But when it comes to 4.4.2....duh,nothing.
Day by day many new chips and flash id,s are coming in phones ,it is not possible to catch all in one time ,we are working and trying to add new things also so plz keep patient you will see more progress in upcoming days .

Old 08-01-2015, 06:51   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Why Don't You Do Like This ,
Take Backup And Do Format .

The Following User Says Thank You to Akhtar Ali Jatt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2015, 11:08   #12 (permalink)

ahh, so the mt 6582 is that recent? I thought it was old enough to have given all its secrets. If it s this new,then i suppose it s only a matter of time before it gets all OWNED. Thanks for the little clarification ^^

Now,im interested in your suggestion, Akhtar Ali Jatt. Can you,or anyone,explain the FORMAT function and what it does?

i understand the backup,,,,but the format,no.

Old 08-01-2015, 13:40   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2030192
Thanks Meter: 1,334
Quote:
ahh, so the mt 6582 is that recent? I thought it was old enough to have given all its secrets. If it s this new,then i suppose it s only a matter of time before it gets all OWNED. Thanks for the little clarification ^^

Now,im interested in your suggestion, Akhtar Ali Jatt. Can you,or anyone,explain the FORMAT function and what it does?

i understand the backup,,,,but the format,no.

Format option will erase user area( all user content will be erased ) but 1st u need to check it's supported or not by making read info ( if got full read info then good to go )

Old 08-01-2015, 21:12   #14 (permalink)

i finally understood the problem ((didnt find solution though ))

well,the whole thing about not being able to root some devices in the factory-meta-ate modes was NOT about the CPU -mt 6582-but rather the android version

BECAUSE today i dealt with an MT6589...I precise : 6589....with android 4.2...it was a piece of cake, root is instant in ALL MODES.

A summary :

MT6572 + ANDROID 4.2 = PIECE OF CAKE. INSTANT ROOT and UNLOCK IN ALL MODES.

MT6582 + ANDROID 4.4 = PIECE OF **it. NO ROOT IN THE FACTORY-META-ATE MODES...but can be rooted when fully booted with IROOT.

MT6589 + ANDROID 4.2 = PIECE OF CAKE...Even though it's an MT 6589.

So in conclusion : The issue i faced was never a CPU problem,but rather android version one.

Volcano, and many other softs((iroot,kingoroot,miraclebox)) could not root kitkat devices in the FACTORY-META-ATE modes AND THIS MUST BE DUE TO THE "offline" security. THE SOFTWARES COULD NOT MODIFY ANYTHING WITHIN THE DEVICE WITH ADB AS LONG AS YOU DONT GRANT THEM THE RSA PRINT.

BLACKY199

hhmmm...interesting....but what about the user's content? the whole thing i started this thread for is : PRESERVING the USER DATA.

by the way,some latest MTK phones come with a ''backup userdata''option in their stock recovery,,,,and the back up generated has this extention '' userdata.backup".

When i take a backup with the stock recovery,,,,,hard reset the phone,,get it unlocked and functional,,,,,then restore the data through stock recovery,well....then phone gets relocked again,because the lock settings were backed up then restored.....i tried opening those ".backup" files....but no success^_^'.

Is there a way or a soft that can read the content of the ''***.backup '' files? Or even read at least the lock codes? I already used volcano before to read full flashes from simple chinese phones,then use the READ flash file to find the codes....so i dont know if that's possible with android devices.