GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones > Chinese Phones Hardware Repair

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1615710
Sonork: 100.1647890
Thanks Meter: 260
I am Happy to see this thread in Sticky aira

Hi Mates,
I am Happy to see this thread in Sticky aira. Soon you will see My Final Short finding Guide post Here. This will be the Most wanted Tutorial in This Section. That means you wll learn How to Find Full Short in a mobile phone.
Wbr,
N.C.Erepola
..::SriLanka::..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N.C.Erepola For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-19-2014, 14:49   #17 (permalink)
Freak Poster

How to find none Heating Shorts in Mobile Phones

Have a nice time mates.

Today I am going to Present you the Final Guide of this thred..
That is what you all asked. The sprit of short finding mission.

How To Find None Heating Short(Full Short) on a Mobile Phone

What We Need?

Analog Multimeter or Valid Schematic of Faulty mobile

How To Find This Short?

Please keep in mind this is the way that I use my self. This method I am using from a long time. You also can try this and get in to the success in Short solving.

1.First of all Put your Multimeter to X10. and make 0 ohm adjets.

2.Check all the Capacitors on the mobile PCB as shown in Picture..

Here you have to Put Red test prob on Vbat Pin and Black Test Prob on all Capacitors data side in PCB. Mark every cap that shown the Pointer to 0 ohm like above Picture..

The caps What we Need.... look at the Pointer of Multimeter....

Caps that we don't Care.... ( Carefully look at the Pointer of multimeter)

Take a marker and Put a dot on each Capasitors what we need. They are the Vcaps. If these capasitors are leaked they make full Short on your mobile.

How To remove This Short ?

easy..... Carefully remove marked caps one by one while checking short on mobile. Like this

I reomve one cap then I check shorting on Phone.. Oh still there is full short

again I remove onother one... ah haaaa.... bingoooo... When I check shorting There is no Shorting.....

What does this mean?

The Cap I removed was Leaked one and it was the reson to the Sort of mobile..

So I think
Now you can understand how to do this...

Remove all marked Vcaps one by one untill you see the short removed..

Thats it.

If you check the Mobiles Schematic you will easy find what are these V caps and how they are situating on a schematics.

Find Red marked cap on Nokia 1110 RH-70 PCB if you check this with multimeter it will show as a Vcap..

Look at the Schematic

one side to Vbat other side to GND

Some technicians using wrong methods. Not checking with Multimeter just remove big caps. This is Wrong. The size of cap is not not
important. Just check schematic or use MM.

Carefully look at marked caps. Some are small some are big. but all are Vcaps...

See the Schematic proof

Hope you will understand this method and use to your repairing...
Any questions make your comments.

thank you all.

Wbr.
N.C.Erepola
..::SriLanka::..

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to N.C.Erepola For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-19-2014, 18:43   #18 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1133072
Thanks Meter: 505
in my experience i think not need this . because we cant check parell cap with this method. also some cap short only with high ampiere,

and if some cap fully short surely it get heat, but with fully short M/B we cant give 3.8V or 4V. need start with 0.1v and step by step power up. in last step before cut off power supply if short came from capacitor need heat up it, i used this easy way to find short from capasistor. but i dont khow i using correct method or not i have repaid lot of phone using this method.

The Following User Says Thank You to .::Gsm_Srilanka::. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 14:48   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::Gsm_Srilanka::. View Post
in my experience i think not need this . because we cant check parell cap with this method. also some cap short only with high ampiere,

and if some cap fully short surely it get heat, but with fully short M/B we cant give 3.8V or 4V. need start with 0.1v and step by step power up. in last step before cut off power supply if short came from capacitor need heat up it, i used this easy way to find short from capasistor. but i dont khow i using correct method or not i have repaid lot of phone using this method.
Any capasitor can be checked with this method. Because We use Multemeter.. this method checks Direct Vbat connected caps. I am sure Soon We will not see above comment here.

Old 01-22-2014, 19:31   #20 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.Erepola View Post
Any capasitor can be checked with this method. Because We use Multemeter.. this method checks Direct Vbat connected caps. I am sure Soon We will not see above comment here.

no i challenge this is not 100% success method, but some time work, cant get 100%.

i think u need more experience to understand this, seniors can understand what i say.

also i hate fake solution.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:03   #21 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:

no i challenge this is not 100% success method, but some time work, cant get 100%.

i think u need more experience to understand this, seniors can understand what i say.

also i hate fake solution.
This solution all about leaked caps. and full short mobile that does not heat up!! please read carefully befor post. I think you must learn to read English first.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:13   #22 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 789089
Sonork: 100.1617***
Thanks Meter: 267
Quote:

Hi .::Gsm_Srilanka::.,

I nice to know there are good critics out here, but it would be nice if u could explain in detail, how you methods works. what you have done is given us the idea in a few words, looking forward to know your method in detail.

br

frenzy

Old 01-29-2014, 16:01   #23 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy_2020 View Post
Hi .::Gsm_Srilanka::.,

I nice to know there are good critics out here, but it would be nice if u could explain in detail, how you methods works. what you have done is given us the idea in a few words, looking forward to know your method in detail.

br

frenzy
sure bro i give it with detail but need prepare, need more time in very busy these day.and its easy Technic with hot sensor..

Old 10-01-2014, 12:15   #24 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1883473
Thanks Meter: 11
pls can i use a digital meter for finding fault on mobile phone

Old 10-05-2014, 08:53   #25 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1834782
Sonork: 100.1623166
Thanks Meter: 562
Donate money to this user
Can you post latest Schematics Abbreviations like.....

Vio: voltage input out put

Old 11-20-2014, 14:48   #26 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1883473
Thanks Meter: 11
Pls i need meter reading of mobile phones, examples how to read 1202 display to know if it is damaged

Old 12-16-2014, 23:30   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 322417
Thanks Meter: 940
Donate money to this user
Quote:

And , you are talking about 100% testing caps ??
What about caps that are faulty and will not get heat or visible as damaged ones.
There are few ways to check caps , he is telling his way and at last he is doing gr8 job. If you want to help other members open own thread.

So stop make mass on other PPL threads

Old 01-25-2015, 08:26   #28 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2242234
Thanks Meter: 8
yess certainly, Put power to your mobile using DC power Supply if your phone full shorted give 0-1.5v to phone. if normal short, 3.8v to 4.2v is ok. Carefully find out if any part or IC heating. if some one heats, remove it and apply 3R to it. (Re solder, Re ball, Replace)

The Following User Says Thank You to nisar akhtar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2015, 22:02   #29 (permalink)

Member: 2320348
Thanks Meter: 0

I did not understand how to chek samsung galaxy phones which are dead please tell me...!!

Old 02-20-2015, 23:13   #30 (permalink)

Member: 2142857
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiq_781 View Post

I did not understand how to chek samsung galaxy phones which are dead please tell me...!!
How can you check if a cap heats when it's so small , just wondering

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phonezone1 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread