GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > xtc2cliP

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2018, 20:16   #46 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 198621
Sonork: 100.1591649
Thanks Meter: 1,089

XTC team done good job again, good support
big thanks

Old 08-19-2018, 21:41   #47 (permalink)

Member: 2432070
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakgarg View Post
yes you can make super cid with xtc2clip and power adapter

Its possible to flash firmware not signed with the tool? Normally I flash this with the s-off.

No permanent s-off since the U11 but it has a temporary s off on xda it's possible to get it for the 12?

Last edited by Max1288; 08-19-2018 at 21:49.

Old 08-20-2018, 17:01   #48 (permalink)

Member: 2628216
I want to change mid. HTC U11 Oreo running.
Can you deal with this?

Old 08-20-2018, 18:59   #49 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2416253
Thanks Meter: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1288 View Post
Its possible to flash firmware not signed with the tool? Normally I flash this with the s-off.

No permanent s-off since the U11 but it has a temporary s off on xda it's possible to get it for the 12?
Unsigned firmware (boot+system) can be run on unlocked bootloader, S-OFF is not required for this.

The "temporary S-OFF" is S-OFF till first boot to Android OS, what's the point? You can do the same with XTC 2 Tool (change CID, repair IMEI, etc, etc) without having to flash custom recovery, then rooting, then installing some app, and paying on per-phone basis.
The temp s-off is good just for geeks who wish to play/brick their phone and then bring their cash to your repair shop :-)

Old 08-20-2018, 18:59   #50 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiming View Post
I want to change mid. HTC U11 Oreo running.
Can you deal with this?
Yes, in next release.

Old 08-20-2018, 19:47   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc2clip View Post
Unsigned firmware (boot+system) can be run on unlocked bootloader, S-OFF is not required for this.

The "temporary S-OFF" is S-OFF till first boot to Android OS, what's the point? You can do the same with XTC 2 Tool (change CID, repair IMEI, etc, etc) without having to flash custom recovery, then rooting, then installing some app, and paying on per-phone basis.
The temp s-off is good just for geeks who wish to play/brick their phone and then bring their cash to your repair shop :-)

I did not know we could do many things with the clip without s-off. I have unlock the bootloader of my 12+ with the clip and i have rooting it because i love this and many apps i need it. ( yes i know i can use also htc dev but i have the clip so.. )

With all due respect for you xtc2clip ( and i admire your work ) you really need s-off for flashing unsigned firmware zip , with s-on you can only flash the firmware zip from the OTA HTC has signed. This feature is the most feature i am loving with the s-off. Many documentations talk about it on xda. Is only for this i am talking to you the temp s-off for the unsigned zip. Can you do something about this ? Maybe flashing unsigned zip with the clip and a bypass of the signed ? For now i am waiting the update of the clip for the 12+.

Old 08-20-2018, 19:52   #52 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
I did not know we could do many things with the clip without s-off. I have unlock the bootloader of my 12+ with the clip and i have rooting it because i love this and many apps i need it.

With all due respect for you xtc2clip ( and i admire your work ) you really need s-off for flashing unsigned firmware zip , with s-on you can only flash the firmware zip from the OTA HTC has signed. This feature is the most feature i am loving with the s-off. Many documentations talk about it on xda. Is for what i am talking to you the temp s-off for the unsigned zip. Can you do something about this ? Maybe flashing unsigned zip with the clip and a bypass of the signed ? For now i am waiting the update of the clip for the 12+.
I think we misunderstand each other, let me explain in simple:

- The signature check is performed using the chain of trust on every boot. So even if you flash somehow (let's say via temp S-OFF or via direct EMMC access) an unsigned part of the firmware, phone will not boot. As bootloader will fail on signature check. And you can't patch the bootloader because it's checked by the processor.

But, when the phone has bootloader unlocked, bootloader is aware of this, and skip the inegrity/signature check for system, boot and recovery partitions. That's why you can flash custom ROMs/OS.

From technical point of view permanent S-OFF is no longer required, as it's used for service purpose only, that's why boot to Android OS is considered as "end user" mode and temp S-OFF is resigned.

Again, this is only for 2017 (some) - 2018 phones. Old phones can still be S-OFFed and you can modify every part of it, signature check is fully ignored.

Old 08-20-2018, 20:28   #53 (permalink)

So you are saying the phone since 2017 do not need anymore s-off for flashing unsigned firmware?

Because on my old HTC 10 at the begin I have a bootloader unlocked and I can flash a rom custom or others but unsigned firmware zip on fastboot is not working. The s-off is needed. Also for a CID change I needed s-off. Is has working with the s-off

Actually on my 12+ I can not have adaway working. And yes I have root and is working . I have error on the hosts files. When I look The faq in the app is said s-off is needed on HTC phone. Any fix for this with the clip?

Old 08-21-2018, 00:04   #54 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 87396
Thanks Meter: 64
Donate money to this user
stock recovery for tmob variant
https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11...7542?nocache=1

Old 08-21-2018, 10:22   #55 (permalink)

Member: 2169955
Thanks Meter: 0
hello xtc2 team
My htc u11 has a imei problem
I want to change imei
i unlock the bootloader lock
Android version 8
When the flash recovery flashes
The phone does not go to a special recovery and restarts
I tested with other boxes and flex cables
22/5000
Not true
what's the solution?

Old 08-21-2018, 19:15   #56 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
So you are saying the phone since 2017 do not need anymore s-off for flashing unsigned firmware?

Because on my old HTC 10 at the begin I have a bootloader unlocked and I can flash a rom custom or others but unsigned firmware zip on fastboot is not working. The s-off is needed. Also for a CID change I needed s-off. Is has working with the s-off

Actually on my 12+ I can not have adaway working. And yes I have root and is working . I have error on the hosts files. When I look The faq in the app is said s-off is needed on HTC phone. Any fix for this with the clip?
Hello,

If you mean unsigned zip files - you cannot flash them without S-OFF, but why would you want to flash them, if you have access to our support with all possible flash files?

Old 08-21-2018, 19:15   #57 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp peyman View Post
hello xtc2 team
My htc u11 has a imei problem
I want to change imei
i unlock the bootloader lock
Android version 8
When the flash recovery flashes
The phone does not go to a special recovery and restarts
I tested with other boxes and flex cables
22/5000
Not true
what's the solution?
Hello,

Which files do you have on your clip? Please contact me on skype: xtc2clip, I will try to help quicker.

Old 08-21-2018, 20:22   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc2clip View Post
Hello,

If you mean unsigned zip files - you cannot flash them without S-OFF, but why would you want to flash them, if you have access to our support with all possible flash files?
Hello, Yes i mean unsigned files with s-off. I love to do this is so simple! I have a custom rom, with root and twrp.. This is avoids me to go back To stock to applies the OTA update firmware every times and flash back every things. Have you any solution for me for keeping my method? I only see s-off for that!

Last edited by Max1288; 08-21-2018 at 20:30.

Old 08-22-2018, 14:20   #59 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 87188
Thanks Meter: 229
U11 android 8 demo to-> normal succeeded
(change cid)

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Pufi164 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 20:10   #60 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Hello, Yes i mean unsigned files with s-off. I love to do this is so simple! I have a custom rom, with root and twrp.. This is avoids me to go back To stock to applies the OTA update firmware every times and flash back every things. Have you any solution for me for keeping my method? I only see s-off for that!
Custom rom in your case is system+userdata(?). Which file do you flash at all?
Your zip is just 2 files zipped, unpack them, and flash one by one, no S-OFF is required.
Or provide full info about your "unsigned flash file".

Closed Thread