GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2004, 15:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 58335
Thanks Meter: 0
Vaio integrated BT adapter (Z1, etc)

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to use Widcomm s/w with the integrated Sony adapter present in Vaio Z1 and (I think) other recent Sony models too.

My main problem is that I have a device calling itself 'UGX' and then an RFCOMM device and a 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' coming off from that.

SIV reports that the VID/PID of UGX is 044e/3003, so I've guessed that must be the adapter itself and put those details into the widcomm inf file, gone through all the steps, and now the driver installs but with the error 'A service installation section in this INF is invalid'.

Have also made sure to erase all trace of MS/Sony drivers..

Can anyone shed any light on this error? Or any experiences of setting it up on this model?

TIA
Old 03-20-2004, 15:18   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 44457
Thanks Meter: 1
Errrr, If you added the lines to the btwusb.inf file as details on the guide at www.jonscaife.com/bt then you may want to pop back there, re-read that section, and try again...

I forgot to update that section when I updated the guide from v14210 to v1434 and as a result there were a couple of small errors...

SORRY!!!

PS - try the attached copy! (you'll need to rename it!)
Attached Files
File Type: txt btwusb_inf.txt (17.8 KB, 187 views)
Old 03-22-2004, 12:59   #3 (permalink)

Member: 51679
I tried this without success - but I never went through the complex process detailed on the microsoft support site on how to remove teh MS stack. Let me know if you get it to work (and how!)
Old 03-23-2004, 00:38   #4 (permalink)

removing MS drivers

*Finally* got this to work.

I basically followed jonscaife.com's guide, but I had to weed out all traces of Microsoft bluetooth stuff.

Fortunately I didn't remove the files, only moved them to a USB key (then removed the key incase windows found them again).

Basically I searched for the word 'bluetooth' occurring in all files within c:\windows\system32\inf and found every reference to every DLL/.SYS file within those files (theyre only text) and deleted them.

A list of the files is as follows; search for them within c:\windows and move them to a safe place (WARNING: this could be VERY dangerous!!):

bth.inf
bth_oobc.dll
bthci.dll
bthenum.sys
bthmodem.sys
bthport.sys
bthprint.sys
bthserv.dll
bthusb.sys
hidbth.inf
oem11.inf <-- may be diffferent number for you ? it's the 'Microsoft Bluetooth' inf..
rfcomm.sys
tdibth.inf
wshbth.dll

I then re-enabled the bluetooth device and it came up as 'unknown'.. tried to install drivers but it said 'could not find installer for device class bluetooth' or somesuch message.. so i copied ONLY bthci.dll (class installer DLL i think) back to system32 dir... and then I was able to install the latest hacked widcomm drivers as per the excellent guide on jonscaife.com.

Sorry the info is so sketchy, I literally spent 4 very drunken hours at 3am one morning just hacking various parts to peices and taking risks removing files etc - and I don't fancy doing it all again!

I also needed SIV to get the VID/PID info as XP seems to hide it..

Best of luck,
Old 03-25-2004, 11:13   #5 (permalink)

Good to know it can work! I had a go last night but even with the device switched off then removed in device manager I could not delete bthserv.dll or wshbth.dll and the install of teh hacked widcomm driver didn't work- the device is still recognised as needing a microsoft driver. This is a machine running XP and there seem to be copies of these files in multiple places. I'll try to clean up previous attempts at this then have another go.
H
Old 03-25-2004, 13:16   #6 (permalink)

Wink

Yeah I think I had to switch the wireless switch to 'off' - keep it switched off (both BT and wlan) then reboot after disabling it. This stops windows from using the remaining files and you should be able to delete/move them.. You might wanna leave the wireless switch in the off position for the whole process just to make sure theres no possibility of an internet connection as well..

Now I've got another problem - with hacked widcomm 1.4.3.4 - unable to send files FROM my 6600 or 3650 to my vaio. This pisses me off because it was the one function that the no-balls Sony attempt at a bluetooth driver was capable of!

Also PC Suite doesn't work for sending files from PC to phone(s), but I can read files off the phone's memory. I am however able to install apps on the phone by either sending the SiS or using the installer util from pc suite. WTF is going on??
Old 03-25-2004, 14:28   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

When you say "sony driver" do you mean the microsoft driver combined with sony software or just the microsoft driver. Or do sony actually have their own driver that is totally unrelated to the MS driver?
Old 03-25-2004, 19:32   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemperor
When you say "sony driver" do you mean the microsoft driver combined with sony software or just the microsoft driver. Or do sony actually have their own driver that is totally unrelated to the MS driver?

I think it's Microsoft driver and Sony s/w (Bluespace NE). Both of which are complete crap.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:00   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Any ideas where i can find the Sony software? I've been doing lots of tinkering recently, think I have a good idea of how to solve all the MS driver issues, just need to get it written in a nice concise bulleted list
Old 03-27-2004, 17:02   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemperor
Any ideas where i can find the Sony software? I've been doing lots of tinkering recently, think I have a good idea of how to solve all the MS driver issues, just need to get it written in a nice concise bulleted list
you can get it off the vaio support site if you have a vaio http://www.vaio-link.com/entry.htm.
I have a file of the latest version at 2.6Mb - would your email take that ?
H
Old 03-28-2004, 12:17   #11 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

yeah, im pretty sure i can get decent sized e-mails. Cheers for the offer!

I do actually have a Vaio - but as its an original pentium, its rather old, i dont think it qualifies

Cheers
Old 04-16-2004, 06:36   #12 (permalink)

Member: 61876
Hello, all.

After checkeing this Thread, I could success to install Widdcom software on my VAIO SRX7S/PB (Japanese Version).
As www.jonscaife.com/bt explained, I needed to remove microsoft driver editing on the registry.

Now I can manage activesync on the Bluetooth with iPaq2210 which I could not do BluespaceNE software.

Thank you very much sharing your experience.

P.S. my device shows VID_044E&PID_3002, I needed to modify btwusb.inf

Thank you again