View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 00:38   #4 (permalink)
reptyle

Member: 58335
Thanks Meter: 0
removing MS drivers

*Finally* got this to work.

I basically followed jonscaife.com's guide, but I had to weed out all traces of Microsoft bluetooth stuff.

Fortunately I didn't remove the files, only moved them to a USB key (then removed the key incase windows found them again).

Basically I searched for the word 'bluetooth' occurring in all files within c:\windows\system32\inf and found every reference to every DLL/.SYS file within those files (theyre only text) and deleted them.

A list of the files is as follows; search for them within c:\windows and move them to a safe place (WARNING: this could be VERY dangerous!!):

bth.inf
bth_oobc.dll
bthci.dll
bthenum.sys
bthmodem.sys
bthport.sys
bthprint.sys
bthserv.dll
bthusb.sys
hidbth.inf
oem11.inf <-- may be diffferent number for you ? it's the 'Microsoft Bluetooth' inf..
rfcomm.sys
tdibth.inf
wshbth.dll

I then re-enabled the bluetooth device and it came up as 'unknown'.. tried to install drivers but it said 'could not find installer for device class bluetooth' or somesuch message.. so i copied ONLY bthci.dll (class installer DLL i think) back to system32 dir... and then I was able to install the latest hacked widcomm drivers as per the excellent guide on jonscaife.com.

Sorry the info is so sketchy, I literally spent 4 very drunken hours at 3am one morning just hacking various parts to peices and taking risks removing files etc - and I don't fancy doing it all again!

I also needed SIV to get the VID/PID info as XP seems to hide it..

Best of luck,

Page generated in 0.06690 seconds with 7 queries