View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 04:53   #13 (permalink)
Viliefay

Member: 2131407
Sonork: 173.245.79.85
Thanks Meter: 1
Well, this forever reboot and recovery cycle is a behavior that happens with jailbroken devices. However, you say this device has not been jailbroken. The message you show the screenshot from is what comes up at the end for the device to show up in iTunes again. You could try and uninstall and reinstall iTunes on your computer. This does not affect your iTunes data or your iPhone, or its backup. If you are working from a Windows computer, then follow the instructions in this support document exactly to ensure that it works right. There may be a corrupt file in iTunes that is causing this action.

And I finally did something for iPhone stuck in recovery mode after ios 6 update attempt: First plug iPhone into computer/iTunes. On the screen in iTunes under Version it says something like, "if you're having problems restoring your iPhone click here". It will restore your iPhone, but it clears your photos, contacts, etc. However, then you can set up your iPhone and choose the option to set up as a new iPhone or restore from the backup. I restored from my backup and pretty much got my iPhone back with my settings. Otherwise, if you want to start fresh just set up as a new iPhone.

I hope this can help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viliefay For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.07317 seconds with 7 queries