View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 19:55   #7 (permalink)
spectroplasm

Member: 2197785
Thanks Meter: 3
Some more progress, I can't seem to find a good ROM for my phone so I guess I'll have to make one up by mix matching files from different ROMS. The S9_MB motherboard seems too new to be found on the internet.

So far I either get a white screen but sound is working (I can't tell if the screen is working or not when the screen is garbage), or a working screen but the sound and touch aren't working.

I've been hunting down the FocalTech drivers for the FT6306 and it seems that the drivers for FT5306 work on them. The Firmware needs to be flashed to the chip but in order to do that I will need to unpack the UBOOT.img and swap the init scripts that take care of the system.img booting. I need documents on the uboot.img format, file operations I've done on the file suggests it is a cpio gzip image, I'm not sure.

I've got root access on the droid without the screen working, I'm doing everything remotely on my PC via ADB. I'll upload the working FDL files and the patched Second Program Loader I made in order to get my phone to see the boot.img correctly later on if anyone else is interested, I've been waiting for a while to get help on the device, it looks like I'll have to do it myself as everyone else doesn't have the phone model I have. Will keep you all posted.

Page generated in 0.06504 seconds with 7 queries