View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 17:13   #10 (permalink)
Alan_B

Member: 372813
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
I shouldn't post this and make it public (so that qualcomm can patch it...) but to repair the IMEI you must first clear the EFS partitions. This doesn't mean the /efs folder. I mean the EFS data partitions which are modemst1, modemst2, and FSG. On most GSM phones this is mmcblk0p12, mmcblk0p13, and mmcblk0p18. They can be wrote to if can adb shell into your phone using root. Use the dd if command to pull one of the partitions to your computer, take note of the exact byte size, make a new hex file that size. It'll be full of zeros, that's fine. Send it to the phone. Write this zeroed out file to the three EFS data partitions with the dd if command through adb shell. Reboot the phone. Your IMEI (and network) are gone. At this point the protection is removed and the IMEI can be wrote to (either through the diag port or through AT commands over the modem/UART).

I hope you took a NV backup of your phone (minus nv item 550) to restore the network after the IMEI repair ;-)

Yes, this is exactly how all box companies are doing this for Samsung and LG (some of them clear the efs through download mode. I prefer to run a batch file through adb; although root is necessary for the adb method).

Doing this cancels the check msl?

Page generated in 0.07261 seconds with 7 queries