View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 15:38   #1 (permalink)
stabbinbaz

Member: 1822958
Thanks Meter: 45
OTsmart needs fixing for HTC

ive been working with a fair few mtk desire units and ive noticed several issues, previously i did some 310s which somehow got the NVRAM scrapped by changing the CID i eventually managed to fix them with a full dump and maui meta.

but sadly it wasnt a one off incident, today i worked on some desire 320s and the exact same thing happened again, invalid imei and ERROR NV 0x10 in wifi, so i headed to support but this time there was no full dump to save me, thankfully i had another unit so i did a full dump on that and flashed it to the other but now it refuses to boot (both were brand new sealed units before the process) it also wont flash with SP tool it just gives an opening com port error although OTsmart will still let me flash (i dont have any files for it though.

anyway now thats done here are the fixes i propose:

when changing CID in many cases the input box to write the cid into is not displayed, it is there and works if you type into it but it isnt visible, it just looks like the application has crashed

add an option to backup the NVRAM and possibly make it the default

add a full dump for the 320 to support

*note to those needing a fix although you can fix the imei with maui after reflashing a full dump it wont change the serial number

Page generated in 0.06788 seconds with 7 queries