Old 09-29-2015, 08:18   #1 (permalink)
sachu2002
No Life Poster

Member: 2362867
Sonork: ththtuu
Thanks Meter: 659
Donate money to this user
Post iPhone 5s: Apple logo and then black screen - after screen replacement

Hello, I have an iPhone 5s that goes to a black/blank screen but first the Apple Logo comes up. I replaced the screen on it, I've done hundreds of screen replacements before without a problem. I'm always careful with electronics since they tend to be very fragile (anti-static wristband and no metal tools). I tried searching up the issue on several other forum with no luck, I figured I could give it a shot to see if anyone else has come across this. The iPhone doesn't go to DFU mode or recovery mode, it simply reboots back to Apple and then to black/blank screen. I tried forcing it to DFU mode with RecBoot as well without a luck. I'm assuming it's a board issue but wanted to know if anyone knew what I would need to replace. I'm comfortable doing SMD and good with a soldering gun. The display comes on fine, it's not faded or lacking brightness so I doubt that it's the LCD capacitor but I really don't know. Hopefully someone can help with this very weird problem. Thank you for your time!

-If anyone has a link for a application like recboot that works, that would be appreciate as well, Thanks again!

Page generated in 0.07897 seconds with 7 queries