View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 09:48   #109 (permalink)
TiberianMagnus

Member: 2373505
Thanks Meter: 4
Was able to get the browser running, the Quick Shortcut, the Samsung tool, most any app at all but whenever I try to do any type of actual reset on the device - because it's stuck from the previous owner not removing their Google account - those reset options are always unavailable and I mean either they don't appear at all or they're greyed out and unselectable.

This is really starting to piss me off but I guess there's nothing I can do. Perhaps the latest update pushed to this device fixed all the potential exploits and it appears I can't roll back to 5.0.2 or anything else which really ***** major ***.

Dammit. Just for the record the version is Metro PCS MS631 with 5.1.1 and MS63110i (build number LMY47V). I wonder if they did change something so none of those options would be selectable, I have to wonder.

If anyone has any clues I'd sure love to know.

Here's the easiest way to get the browser up on an LG Stylo MS631 for Metro PCS (and don't use Chrome, use the Metro Web browser since it allows you to install APK files; Chrome will only download them) -

Do a full reset (with the Stylo off - hold Power + Vol Down, as soon as the LG logo appears let go of Power and press it again still holding Vol Down), do the usual stuff till it gets to the Google email screen then just put it to sleep for 5-10 minutes. When you wake it up it should have the Metro ZONE thing on screen, click the link for Terms of Service - when those appear scroll way down to the bottom.

DO NOT CLICK THE WEBPAGE LINK, it won't do anything.

Scroll to the bottom and then click the email link which brings up the chooser - choose Gmail, then skip the setup. On the next screen that appears to create a new account (it won't let you) click the top section that says "Learn more..." which triggers the browser choice to appear, voila, then head to d-h page and get that APK.

Unfortunately the sucky thing is that page uses **** ads so you'll get hit with at least 2 of 'em, close the tabs then go back to the d-h page and try again to get the download going, then do the settings thing to install unknown sources, etc, open it and see what happens.

Hoping someone might have some tip that'll get me past this point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiberianMagnus For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08040 seconds with 7 queries