View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:52   #9 (permalink)
sbp

Member: 1804712
Thanks Meter: 1
OMG, this is a story of such astounding stupidity that I just HAVE to explain:

I have had **that** file on my computer within 10 minutes of deciding I wanted to root my phone to back it up properly. And since then, I have spent countless hours trying to read-back the .img files from my phone via mtk droid tools and flash-tool etc. Why??

Because when i first searched for the stock rom for my phone, all i found was that file on the ZTE support site, where it was listed as:

UK Blade A410 SD card upgrading instruction & software package(EE)-296000B0935BR_EE_BLADE_A410V1.0.0B05

and I said to myself: "I don't want to upgrade an SD card. I don't even HAVE an SD card for the phone yet. I need the rom for the device, not instructions on how to upgrade an SD card."

But since it was the only thing i found, i copied the file anyway .... into my folder of technical documentation. I thought that at some point I might find it useful to read about upgrading the SD card. But it was rather a low priority --- I spent all this time trying to "find the ROM images" instead.

Well, i'm now moderately proficient at a range of tools, all of which i learned about because I couldn't find the ROM images..... I guess that's what it means to be a noob.

"SD Card upgrading instructions and software" --- even in retrospect i don't feel stupid for having completely misunderstood what was inside.

THank you Mr. Brka, for bothering to answer what must have seemed to be rather a stupid question. I see that you're a moderator and i'm sure you're at least as busy as I am. If you hadn't bothered, I would never have made the connection, and I'm certain that the next time i have this problem i would lose 2 weeks again...

-scottt

Page generated in 0.09388 seconds with 7 queries