View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 15:20   #1 (permalink)
onlineunlocks
Product Manager

Member: 1740100
Thanks Meter: 93
How to verify if a phone was unlocked with Official or worldwide unlock method?

Currently, there is one Worldwide unlock that does not support iPhones with flex policy activations.
From what I know this service did not have yet relocks ,but other services had before,so the worldwide unlock services will always a risk,that might be a reason why all suppliers give only a limited time warranty for relocking.

Unfortunately for new iPhone like 6/6+/6s/6s+and SE (IMEI 3x), I am not aware of any method to verify if a service is done using worldwide beside using a phone that you know it had flex activation policy. If someone knows any method besides this please leave a comment bellow.

For older phones like 5s and bellow ,that have IMEI starting with 01x there is a very easy method to verify if your phone is done with normal official service or with worldwide service.
You have to do a GSX check,the IMEI done with worldwide will have "Next Tether Policy ID: 235 Last Restore Date: Next Tether Activation Policy Description: Retail Unlock" ,while those done with official carrier unlock method should have " Next Tether Policy ID: 10 Last Restore Date: Next Tether Activation Policy Description: Unlock."

If have any other solutions please let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to onlineunlocks For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08662 seconds with 7 queries