View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 10:48   #17 (permalink)
TBC01
Crazy Poster

Member: 2697189
Thanks Meter: 37
I am seeing error 40 on ipad air consistently with this IP box

Removed nand, extract data write serial etc. fit to device.. log says nand failed to initialise.
hmm remove nand and breakout lga socket to do testing on problem.
all pads pristine and good continuity to socket, still same.
Nand is reading and writing in ipbox v2, I watch current through flashing cycle and it peaks at nand initialise.
3 nands all do same, board is not faulty 2 good boards doing exact same thing.

A few bad blocks maybe according to ipbox, Nand cannot set state in pages so blocks must be set ff bit high then change state to bit low to create data. My confusion with answer above is why IP box can access nand but ipad can't?

can someone provide the logic to erasing nand, flash in device then put in programmer to add serial number!

This stinks of ipbox can't create genuine data to disk, also it stink of some kind of checksum security not being updated on disk contents. So suggesting I buy new nand let ipad partion and build disc then add sn etc seems to me will not solve my problem!

However I order brand new nand and see if flashes, if it does I will dump full chip and write it full dump to supposed not working chip. I will see if suddenly I can no longer remove nand chips properly or if ipbox team are expecting me to correct software errors by replacing all devices with new nands and fitting twice!

Lets face it a simple check on all data sn etc would make big problem if data is not added correctly by ip box software. Lots of no replies by vendors is of concern as is reasoning at top of thread for erasing then flashing then adding sn! You say o/s 10.2 is different why is it different when talking about nand, is security feature yes or no?

Page generated in 0.08436 seconds with 7 queries