Old 08-14-2017, 06:07   #6 (permalink)
mednejm
Crazy Poster

Member: 2375485
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelos View Post
Hello to all of you

I have this strange problem with an iPad mini. It occurred a couple of days after "successful" digitizer replacement through the charging process. iPad works normally and when the charge reaches 100% (sometimes at 96%) if I don't unplug it from the power the display blacks out and touch is unresponsive. After hard reset it's still black. If connected to PC iTunes recognizes it only in DFU mode. Now the weird thing is that if I let it sit for about 1 hour, after pushing the power button I can see the apple logo. It goes into a boot loop for about 15-20 times and then it boots normally. I can use it like my other ipad without any problems except a slight battery issue. I think the battery discharges 2 times faster than it should which indicates short circuit somewhere. If I switch it off it eats about 10% battery juice at 8 hours. If it's on eats the same. Removed the digitizer and tried charging without it. Did the same thing, become unresponsive at 100% and same old story... Sorry for the English.
Any ideas will be very welcome, appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi please, it is an old topic but I have the same issue with my iPad mini 1 slowly battery drain (1% in 1 Hour). When the iPad on or off it is the same percentage battery drain. Without digitizer and screen is the same percentage battery drain. There is a Short in PCB but I don't know where. No Chip getting hot (maybe not hot enough to detect). When I connect the battery connector to Power Supply when the iPad is Off the current goes to 0.05A and after 2 or 3 Seconds goes to 0A and then go to 0.05A and so on. Did you find a solution?

Page generated in 0.07401 seconds with 7 queries