View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 20:24   #268 (permalink)
KrzychuG
No Life Poster

Member: 25996
Thanks Meter: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngelP View Post
With Z3x or Medusa JTAG I can do full eMMC memory dumps or I can and do memory dumps by eMMC partitions. BUT, with the tests that I have carried out, Data Explorer does not want to load or recognize these DUMP files (.BIN), at the moment I have only tested with DUMP made on MTK and low and Mid-Range MTK Terminals. I have NOT tested them on Best terminals (Top-Mobiles), I was referring to the latest models of MTK mobiles with the NEW eMMC Chip) and I do not know if possible!

You can do a lot with those tools but keep in mind that 99% of current devices (starting from Android 6 and up) are factory encrypted. MTK, Qualcomm, SPD and Kirin, doesn't matter. There are some exceptions, like slower/older chipsets or some chinese no-name phones but it's not very common to see. You can dump them using ISP or chip-off methods, but you won't extract any data, or anything usefull out of them.

On top of that, more and more devices uses FBE (file based encryption) as well as F2FS filesystem instead of ext4. It's quite common on Huawei devices. With FBE, each file is encrypted individually, including filenames but you can see some data on that partition unlike with FDE (full disk encryption). You may get some basic data, like account info, lockscreen settings, but not contacts, SMS, photos. That's something that app like this won't be able to fix.

Page generated in 0.07369 seconds with 7 queries