View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 11:12   #39 (permalink)
yellow_spider

Member: 2963712
Thanks Meter: 0
Sorry to reply to an older thread. I did get some help in this.

I was not able to reply sooner because of health things

I eventually manage to get the 5044Y to work, but none of the preloaders here did work, I eventually found a file "U5_5044A_MT6737M_20180118_6.0"

Long explanation sorry: If not interested please skip to near end of post where I list my concerns: The middle post text is just background informations " My main concerns is: "

Background information:

I flashed it all in, and then the phone came to life , it vibrated and started to charge

I could not use this ROM set because it is Latin America "Claro" , I had no IMEI and other things.

I panic so I then leave preloader alone and flash in "BUZZ6T4G__6.0__alps-mp-m0.mp1-V2.55.6_jhz6737m.35.b.m0_P84"

I try various combinations of flashing with using the 5044A and the later one.

The problem I have now is the recovery page says "TCL/5044D" , this means dual sim ? The phone seems OK.

I had to manually put IMEI back I tried a few tools but they all say failed but it appeared.

It is carrier locked to O2 (with any of the ROMS) and I had already got en Ebay code from long time ago when it was locked to EE (code seller says unlock all) it did not work. O2 cannot help because they not sold phone new.

I am able to reset the lock counter though by reflashing it all in.

At the moment it is like this:

preloader = 5044A this is the only preloader that every let the phone work
tctpersist + frp + nvdata = from 5044A rom I found (same set as preloader)

All other partition from the "jhz6737m.35.b.m0_P84"

The IMEI V sometimes says 01 but I can get the IMEI back in all rom sets.

My main concerns is:

> The recovery page says 5044D

> The code from Ebay and from 'market town man' both gave same code but neither release the carrier lock

> I am not sure what to do about the mix/matching of partitions from differing sets (assuming scatter not let overlap) because sometimes SPFlash complain about it and not flash. The 'best' way I had before was preloader only from 5044A and rest of files (inc scatter) from older set from there. That did work.

Sorry long post

I cannot find where carrier lock lives , when phone new with 2AE8GB1 firmware it was EE only, but code to unlock from "all networks" no longer works and it is locked to O2 at moment. It ask for NP sometimes.

Last edited by yellow_spider; 07-19-2021 at 11:18.

Page generated in 0.08362 seconds with 7 queries