adisor19
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpsyke
hi all, kinda new here

short summary:

currently there are two possibilities in order to get the 5.0.1.1200 drivers to work:

(1) svcpack/patch from karamelo at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GBW7GLHW which has to be corrected with following entry, meaning following entry has to be added to the "SvcPack.ini" file:

SourceName5=btins.dll
DestinationName5=btins.dll
DestinationFolder5=2
DestinationSubFolder5=
OS5=15
CopyOnlyIfExists5=Y

(2) new .dat file from Phantasm4489 at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2Y5W1LU

now my questions:
- is this summary correct?
- does it matter where the new entry is inserted? does is have to be all the way at the end or, as i have done, after the similar entries with numbers 1 to 4?
- in order for (1) to work, copy "BTNeighborhood.dll", "SvcPack.ini" and "wbtapi.dll" to "C:\windows\system32" dir and copy "BTTray.exe" and "BTStackServer.exe" to the install dir of the bluetooth software overwriting previous versions AFTER the installation. is this correct?
- in order for (2) to work, copy new "license.dat" file into setup dir of 5.0.1.1200 software overwriting previous version BEFORE the installation. is this correct?
- which is the better way to go? which are the advantages, disadvantages of either solution?

thanks a lot for your help!

Your no.(2) statement is correct. You need to overwrite the licence.dat file before beggining the installation.

Your no.(1) statement is slightly wrong.. All you need to do is copy the contents of that file to the SvcPack folder inside the Win32 folder of the installation files. You can of course modify the SvcPack.ini file with the extra entries you mentioned by placing them at the end of the other 4 entries. Then, you may begin installing it.

I would use method (1) since i read that with method (2) you might see popups that it is a trial version from time to time..

Method (1) has never caused me problems so i'm all for it.

Adi

Last edited by adisor19; 01-27-2006 at 15:00.

Page generated in 0.08947 seconds with 7 queries