View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 05:51   #1 (permalink)
adisor19
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Thumbs up Widcomm 5.0.1.1400

Hello everyone,

I have managed to obtain a heavily customised version of Widcomm 5.0.1.1400 from ANYCOM. The reason i mention it's heavilly customised, it's cause the btwusb.inf file included only has support for their USB dongles. Everything else has been stripped out so in order for it to work with other dongles, just replace the VID and PID in there with the one from your own dongle and it should then work. I might also suggest to just use the btwusb.inf files from the previous .1200 release but i don't guarantee it will work ok..

I have tested the license.dat that Phantasm had made for the .1200 version and it does not work. It complains that we can't use a licence file that was designed for a previous version of Widcomm so unless he can make us another version for .1400, WinXP x86 64bit users are out of luck

I then used the Widcomm V2 patcher that is mentioned in one of the previous threads and to my surprise, IT WORKS ! There is just one slight problem in that the little bluetooth icon that normally apears in the system tray is nowhere to be found. However, if one goes into "my bluetooth places" everything's there and working fine.

Why i think this release is important : beacause it seems it's the only one that works with the new Plantronics 590 Pulsar headset as described here :

http://bluetoothbob.atspace.com/Puls...WithAnycom.htm

Here are the official fixes compared to previous 4.0.1.xxxx version as posted on the ANYCOM support forums :

- Support for A2DP Profile as SNK
- Support for A2DP Profile on Windows 98SE/ME
- Support for Basic Printing Profile
- Support for Windows XP x64 edition
- Local PC can now be used as Bluetooth print server
- Enhanced security

Oh, and here's the link :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z2KWUOFF

Enjoy

Adi

Page generated in 0.08020 seconds with 7 queries