Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 13:40   #1 (permalink)
Chilly88

Member: 244430
Thanks Meter: 0
Some Questions

Hi everybody I'm new to the forum and I have a few things I'd like to know about the panasonic VS2 series as some of you may have experience in these areas. I have successfully performed the hex edit workaround on my VS2 to enable JAVA uploads.

1.I am assuming that the DRM chip in the VS2 will not allow me to transfer JAVA games from my phone to another phone via infrared? or is there a work around.

2.I have also heard of a VS3 firmware update, does this also apply to the VS2 series?

3.In an attempt to backup my firmware on my VS2 I used a piece of software called (I Think) "Phone Tool X60". This failed when using the EEPROM function of the software and gave me various error messages (Yes I Was In Test Mode). I was using the standard USB cable that came with my PINK VS2 .

4.If JAVA games are supposedly universal and run on most platforms, why does (for example) "Red Out Racer" not work on a VS2 or "Alpha Wing 2" when it works perfectly well on my brothers SE-K750 even though I can run equivilant games with similar graphics requirements such as "Dodeca Racer" that comes from "PanasonicBox.Com".

Page generated in 0.07371 seconds with 7 queries