View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 14:49   #1059 (permalink)
iamajd
Freak Poster

Member: 361063
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
Hello all, I have been reading this thread for 2 days.. Finally done..
I would like to thank you for all the files, like so many others, I had no idea that there was so much for the palm os.. I just got a treo 650 from alltel and am having some great fun with it now that I found this thread.
Thanks so much.
Yeah, its a lot. A little overwhelming at first, huh?

Quote:
There are a few things that I am confused about.. I am a total noob so please be kind.
Don't worry baby, I'll take it easy on ya.

Quote:
1. I read about people using MUH but I have not tried. What are the steps I would take to make virtual pool work? It asks for the reg code and I put the one in above and it tells me NO! lol. Will the MUH change me to MATT? and what about my other programs? will they be able to run? Im lost, sorry.
MultiUserHack is a breeze. The steps to make it work for any program are:

HotSync the 4.10 version. Run it. Select the app you need to use it with in the list. Uncheck 'Use original HotSync-ID' and enter the HotSync name that works for that particular app (i.e. 'kracked dude'). Hit OK. Make sure 'Enable MultiUserHack' is check. Run the app you just altered and register it with the code you have for the other name.

Quote:
2. I find files that say xxxx.prc and xxxxpatched.prc. I dont know what I did but I got one to work(voicerec). I am still confused on how to go about installing these double name things.. Do I hotsync the original and install then hotsync the patched.prc or is it vise versa? Or do I hotsync them both at the same time and run one after the other?
This depends on the program. Usually, if there are two files like that, you need to install and run the first one first and then install and run the patched one. Some programs simple require multiple files to work and not all of them needed to be patched, so only one of them has been patched. In that case, you'd install both.

Quote:
3. Can I install all these appz to my card? is there a way to tell if they need to be installed in the palms memory itself?
Probably. The only way to tell is to check any included readme files or to just try it. Another great option is to use LinkStart. It will store your program files on an expansion card, but let you run and organize them from the main memory. This works for nearly every app. It is posted somewhere on here from the last couple of days.

Quote:
4. When I get a larger capacity card, can I just copy everything that is on my existing card to the new one via pc card reader? And will everything work the same afterwards?
Should, yes

Quote:
Again thank you for all the programs and help. And one day if I get the hang of things(I should being that I have a 2 year contract with this phone) I will contribute like so many of you do.

Blind
Thats the spirit!! Good luck and enjoy your new ubertoy!

Page generated in 0.08629 seconds with 7 queries