View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:58   #23 (permalink)
adisor19
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyknight View Post
I've done some testing of this version on Vista x64. On first install I didn't make any changes to the btwusb.inf or patch the license file.

The following reboot I was given the typical license error.

So I uninstalled and patched the license.dat with widcomm license patcher 1.8. I also edited the btwusb.inf to add my device to [ControlFlags]. The device was already listed in the [WIDCOMM.NTamd64] and [strings].

I think this inf has already been edited somewhat as it is a bit of a mess and has the 5.1.0.2400 tag, and some files are 5.1.0.2500.

I then rebooted, and changed the USB Wireless Bluetooth device to my Air2u device using the update driver method (by selecting update driver, browse, let me pick, Air2u device).

In device manager:
Air2U Bluetooth Device 5.1.0.2400
Bluetooth Bus Enumerator 5.1.0.2500

After another reboot the WIDCOMM configuration seemed to be working. It detected by Bluetooth. But, I am unable to add a device - "No local Bluetooth device was detected." Which is quite interesting as it clearly listed under diagnostics.

So I have been unable to get it to work. My mobile cannot detect the PC and my PC cannot detect my mobile. Maybe it is just not compatible with Vista x64 yet or is this a license patching issue?
Try unplugging your device in Vista and replugging it in a different USB port. For some reason that did the trick for me.. or at least i think it did. Also, your device is Broadcom based, right ?

Adi

Page generated in 0.09077 seconds with 7 queries