View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 21:45   #3 (permalink)
gskhalsa
Freak Poster

Member: 29222
Thanks Meter: 10
Seedy is right, but if ur sure the pcb is ok then try these steps.

With special thx to Mphoneclinic.

Nokia E65 Unlock tips with mt-box pro

Before doing anything else, you need to file the tp needle to a very sharp point or use something like a very thin wire for the bottom testpoint. I just used a dremmel tool and filed both of the original tp needles. It would help for other models too (E62, N73, 6280)

1. After opening the phone, which includes 4 screws on the back and 1 screw behind the lcd to the antenna, seperate the front lcd and back main board half.

2. You should just be left with the bottom half, then cut an opening in the shield where the testpoints are with a sharp knife. Peel the cut part off carefully.

3. Insert a full charged battery in the phone, then tape it to the phone or use a rubber band or else it will fall out without the complete housing.

4. Connect the top half (lcd part) with the large ribbon to the bottom main board pcb. Turn on the phone. You only need this part to turn the phone ON. You could also short pin 7 on the large ribbon cable connector to GND, but this seems easier to me.

5. Once on, connect the usb cable to the pc and after seeing "pc suite activated", disconnect the top lcd half and click "USB" in the mtbox software. You should see "usb successfully opened".

6. Click "Info" in software, then u should be able to connect via local mode and read the phone.

7. After checking simlock info and server check, proceed with the unlock by connecting the ground wire first, then click "Unlock" in software the connect the bottom tp first then the top one. Should unlock fine.

8. Disconnect everything and reassemble the phone and enjoy the $$$$$

Note: If you do not want to use USB, then use a fbus E65 flashing cable the u do not need the lcd top half of the phone, just be able to connect to local mode an u should see a green light turn on the mtbox pro adapter when in local mode. I just had a hard time staying in local mode and USB was much easier for me.

You can also use a rubber band to hold the fbus cable or battery in, depending on if u use Fbus or USB

You could also use the mtbox pro adapter fbus service cable, but then u need to short pin 7 to GND on the large ribbon cable connector on the main board pcb.

Page generated in 0.07499 seconds with 7 queries