View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 09:03   #258 (permalink)
Scoodle

Member: 721559
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi Mang mel.

The process described in the opening post of this thread covers the Z500 model, I believe. It seems to be bona-fide; I downloaded the software and it appeared to run ok, but unfortunately for me the Z400 wasn't supported.

If the Z500 is anything like the Z400, then it CANNOT be unlocked with a simple typing in of a code - believe me I've tried, and only succeeded in freezing my SIM card along with everything else! A more complex process is required, involving software and connecting your phone to a computer. If you don't think you are up to doing this, then take your phone to a professional!

Which is what I ended up doing!!!

So, I can thoroughly recommend ' unlock-my-phone ' who sells on Ebay. They also have a proper website, tho' I forget what it is - it could be similar. I can check if anyone is interested, as it's on a contact email somewhere!

I needed everything doing to my phone after I'd finished with it (!): unlocking, unfreezing the SIM, and debranding. I was quoted £12 by them, but if you follow their link to their website, it's only £10 (I noticed this after I'd paid through Ebay )

It's a postal service, and very fast. Obviously, it also costs you to post it to them, but return is included. If you only require 'unlocking', for example, then it's much less.

I have no connection with them - blah blah - other than having used them once. They were spot on.

(There are some on Ebay who claim they can unlock your Z400s by sending you an unlocking code. I DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!)

Page generated in 0.09970 seconds with 7 queries