View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:59   #9450 (permalink)
evcentro

Member: 758368
Thanks Meter: 1
VoiceDial for Sprint Centro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnigKnog View Post
Version 2.0.53 is out, but not downloadable online. Consequently, it's the only version that the CDMA Centro (Sprint) will allow to install. The only way to get this version is to rip it from a GSM Centro (AT&T/Cingular).

So basically, I'm looking for someone who has an AT&T GSM US Centro to strip the following files from their phone RAM, and then archive and upload these files here:
  • VoiceDial.prc
  • VoiceDial_enUS.prc
  • VoiceDial68K.prc
I've already got the German version working... but unfortunately, I don't speak German.

The only alternative to a NON-TRAINABLE voice app on a CDMA Centro is paying $6 a month to a company called Nuance.

I have put a lot of time into this research. Hopefully someone can give 5-10 minutes of their time to U/L these files. Your simple contribution will be a huge help the great many CDMA Centro users out there! You'd be like some sorta e-Hero.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evcentro View Post
Here they are:

It works on my Sprint Centro if you change the attributes of voicedial.prc to launchable in Resco Explorer and then copy to RAM. Enjoy
I spoke too soon. This version of VoiceDial installs on to the Centro and can even find a contact with voice recognition, but after that when it sends it to the phone app to dial the number on a CDMA phone it just goes to the phone and does nothing. It seems like that this version sends the phone number specificaly to the GSM dialer. All that needs to be done to fix this app for the CDMA Centro is to change that one line of code to send it to the CDMA dialer. This line of code is available on the previous versions off VoiceDial for CDMA phones. If somebody with just alittle bit of progaming knowladge would do us Sprint Centro users a favor and change that line so it dials properly we would all be very thankfull.

Page generated in 0.07832 seconds with 7 queries