View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 02:23   #7 (permalink)
Ice Dragon
Freak Poster

Member: 3360
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally posted by mrENigma:
<STRONG>even if i erase some of them? 10 originals for one of mine it's kind a stupid can't do this....</STRONG>
Well, I have a post of this a while (months) ago.

It's not possible to ADD TONES to the Nokia 5110 but it is possible to CHANGE TONES on the Nokia 5110.

Well, changing RING TONES is a bit hard but changing ALERT TONES is relatively easier to do.

Of course us all Nokia users can add ring tones to phone like the 61xx, 6210, 3210, 33xx, etc. but I bet most of our alert tones are all the same.

The beep, the standard (which is a dit-dit tone), the special (which is a dit-dit-dit-dat-dat-dit-dit-dit, which is actually a Morse code for "SMS"), and the ascending (which is actualy a Morse code for "connecting people") are the same to all Nokia phones unless there is one I don't know about.

Anyway, have any of you once experienced when on a crowd when a SMS message came and most people around you have Nokia phones (riding a bus for example or on a bar).
Some of us would check their phone if it was for them, like I did.

So I changed my standard tone which is a dit-dit to dit-dat to sound differently. And my special tone from dit-dit-dit-dat-dat-dit-dit-dit to dat-dit-dit-dit-dat-dit-dit-dit (which sounds like "Who let the dogs out" with dit-dit-dit at the end). So when I myself received a message, I know that it's for me coz I only have to take note of the tone.

Too bad, Viper stopped his research with the NFREE project. I have been inquiring about the checksums but he's no longer responding. So I guess I have to do this on my own.

I'm coming up with a software to change the ringtone on the 5110, just like I came up with the soft for changing the alert tone on my 5110. Imagine, we have 30 changeable ringtones on our Nokia, not just the 5110 but also with the 3210, 33xx, 51xx, 61xx, 62xx, 7110, 82xx, 88xx, etc.

The info about this is not for free of course. Anyone experimenting with his Nokia can come with a way to change the fixed ringtones and alert tones on his phone.

BTW, the ringtones can be found on the PPM part of the phone.

Regards...

<FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE="1">[ 15 June 2001 06:43: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ice Dragon ]</font>

Page generated in 0.09768 seconds with 7 queries