View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 23:42   #15465 (permalink)
matrixgrid

Member: 828892
Thanks Meter: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutzthedeal View Post
I have no authority here so don't worry about me, but I gotta stick up for these guys when you have the nerve to call them impolite. Search, Mozzrigui, search.
GOOD POST! It is too easy here to have people do your work for you. I would like to post some things that I have learned by quietly listening and trying to learn to be helpful here:
1. no one OWES you anything. This forum runs on courtesy and sharing... that means if you receive, you should try and share files and information as well.
2. asking over and over for the same thing means that people are less likely to help you, since it sounds like you are WHINING. If you have a desperate or time-sensitive need, declare it once and wait. If no one responds, then BUY the software.
3. English is not everyone's native language. The phrase "I WANT" or "GIVE TO ME" is rude, since it suggests that someone must act on your request. In truth, they do not have to. It is wiser to say "I would like to have" or "If anyone can share" if you are looking for something.
4. Searching for your own files is what you do BEFORE you post. If you cannot find it, or are confused by the choices, then ask.
5. This forum is not a candy store. I have found this place very useful in finding software to try out, which I have then bought. Other software has been useful as a diversion, but ultimately thrown away.
6. You are part of a community here. Act like a citizen instead of a child, and people will respond quicker and with more consideration.

I do not intend to sound rude or arrogant to anyone; I am a very junior member here, but I worry what would happen if the smarter people here left because they were constantly asked the same questions over and over again, or were treated rudely on a constant basis.

Everyone starts off as a novice... but no one needs to stay that way. Please, it is a New Year... let's take command of our own actions, and help others to become more in control over their file searching.

peace to all
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to matrixgrid For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.11238 seconds with 7 queries