View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 21:58   #15 (permalink)
Phantom
No Life Poster

Member: 1133
Thanks Meter: 38
HARGAS and repackaging

Hello,

This is my views on hargas. Yes, there are many fake (repackaged) HARGAS, COBBAs and CCONT coming from China. But most of the time, this ICs are acutally manufactured in Malaysia and in China too and sold back to China as there are many buyers there. (Just like T28 parts - Many come from Malaysia and sold back to China)

Repackaging happens when an IC is difficult to get ie. CCONT goes out of stock. As we all know, it is impossible to get NEW CCONT . Most of this chips are either taken from reject boards or faulty chips and resold to inocent buyers like yourselves as NEW. Which is why, when you put them in for the first time, you get things like Contact Service, No Network etc etc. Yes, if you like, you can call it a cheat.

The best way to identify if the product is brand new is thru the production date and batch ( 3rd line on the chip for Harga ) Common sense will tell you that if the production date is close together would indicate that the chips are from either from the same batch or a few batches apart , so it is likely that it is new.while if the production date and batch which are far apart would tell you that either the chip is taken from faulty boards and repackaged as new.

Therefore, an old saying goes " Don't judge a book by it's cover" applies here. Packaging doesn't guarantee that the chip is new. This repackaging trade has been going around for ages. Don't always believe what you buy !!! Learn and see for yourself if what I say here is true.

If you need help on Hargas and COBBAs , please feel free to contact me privately.

@mobileland

"Everything is Made by China.And Fuse,please send me one 3210 working with HAGAR!" - at this point, I think Fuse was probably trying to tell us about CCONT or COBBA although in his message he mentioned HARGA. Besides, NOT everything come from China.

Page generated in 0.10380 seconds with 7 queries