View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 00:27   #2 (permalink)
bongowireless
Insane Poster

Member: 16314
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadil View Post
I quickly discovered that Fido/Rogers has disabled the use of custom MP3 ringtones, which, to put it bluntly, ***** big time.bombadil
Yes, all Canadians agree!

Quote:
It seems my best bet would be to flash the firmware to European unbranded QWERTY KS360 firmware, though I will lose the use of the 850mhz band.bombadil
Yes, tested, it works! And yes again, you will lose 850MHz.

Quote:
Does anyone know if switching to the European unbranded firmware will allow one to set custom MP3s as ringtones and sounds?bombadil
Yes, 100%

Quote:
I would be interested to hear from anyone else who is currently working in this direction as well, or from some of you who might have already accomplished this.bombadil
Yes, tested by us. Flashing the TE365 with KS360 firmware works but remember to fix IMEI as it gets corrupted when flashed. Keep in mind you need KE500 cable NOT KG800. After, direct unlock the phone. You will however lose your 850MHz and this was tested also by us with our Rohde & Schwarz CMU200. There seems to be a quad band chip on board and is controlled by the firmware. Our guess is we can flash KS360 with TE365 and it will disable 900MHz but add 850MHz. Will test later.
The Following User Says Thank You to bongowireless For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08490 seconds with 7 queries