View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Norman_Bates
Freak Poster

Member: 38735
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDmonger
I have an old Nokia 5190 that I recently dusted off and recharged. Using one of the many DCT3 apps, I generated an unlock code and unlocked the phone. However, when I put my new SIM card in, it asks for a "Security code" that I have no clue as to what it is. I know it is a user-generated code, but the phone is almost six years old, and I can't remember what I could have put as the code way back then (and believe me, I've tried a bunch of things, including the Nokia 'default' code of 12345).

My question is this: is there a way to reset the phone completely (erasing the Security code) or bypass the security code without having to get a data cable? Secondly, if the only way IS with a data cable, which app do I need to use to get by this code?

VCDmonger
You need a cable, that is the only way to get to the phones security code, I think that LogoManager will work, get ya cable and plug it in. When the app has recognised the phone click on the read button, it should then bring up info on your phone, including the security code

Page generated in 0.10962 seconds with 7 queries