View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 20:51   #7 (permalink)
mark4444

Member: 1462092
Thanks Meter: 2
I'm not sure that 10-15A is the correct ampere range for Iphone 3G/3GS.
All datasheets I found from several companies show fuses with a max rating of 5-6A, at least for fuses suggested for mobile phone applications.
There are also higher values, but they are suggested for different applications and the physical size is much more bigger (the 3GS fuse is 2mm x 1.20mm and the 3G one is 1mm x 0.30mm approximately).
There's a big difference between 5A and 15A and I think that the ampere rating is not the only one value to take in consideration. In addition to that...15A and 20A are different values and every device require its own value.

Instead of giving generic replies suggesting random values that may cause device damage, the people reading this thread will have more benefits if someone experienced will post here the exact digikey part number already verified to be fully conformed to the original one.

Looking the forum I realized that I'm not the only one that has already asked this simple info and people got only generic response and controversy as seem is happening also in this thread.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mark4444 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.06479 seconds with 7 queries