View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 13:40   #2 (permalink)
mossy007
Insane Poster

Member: 894580
Thanks Meter: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindiou View Post
I'm upset against the Dev-Team (the "dev-team blog" admin censored this message. I simply remind the truth to people).
I have 2 iPhones 3GS old boot rom (baseband 5.15) that I upgraded to 4.2.1, jailbreaked & desimlocked using redsn0W & ultrsn0w (Now baseband 06.15.00).
Yes, there was a warning concerning baseband 06.15.00, when 4.2.1 was released with redsn0W & ultrsn0w.
This warning simply stated that you wouldn't be able to downgrade your baseband anymore after the upgrade, and that you would loose the warranty, NOTHING ELSE.
So I trusted them, like many people, I upgraded my 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 to get 4.2.1.
Result after the upgrade :
1) my GPS are screwed-up :-((
2) my batteries drain twice faster than before :-((
3) the push function doesn't work correctly any longer :-((
Questions :
1) why didn't they tell people about theses consequences before?
2) Why didn't they test a minimum before releasing an alpha version (not even a beta !) of jailbreak & desimlock?
Just to mention, SAM doesn't fix the GPS, neither the push function :-(
1) Dev tea have mentioned that GPS facility will not work in new redsnow and you unlock at your own risk
2) Make sure your handset has been activated fully before you jailbreak and unlock the handset. You might be better using custom firmware in pawned DFU mode to restore the handset again and activate fully then re-jailbreak again without installing baseband and just installing cydia.This will sort out your battery issues. The battery issue is a activation error.
The Following User Says Thank You to mossy007 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.10785 seconds with 7 queries