View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48   #1060 (permalink)
JPWEST
Freak Poster

Member: 1334535
Thanks Meter: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyryder View Post
i have been tranferred in Italy, i cannot use my USA iphone 4 4.3.3 without a contract with AT&T some one could give me some info how to go about? there is plenty of software but i esitate to trust un less some reccomandation from some of you, i will be appreciate your support
Your iPhone 4 from ATT can not be unlocked via software unless you still retain the precious 1.59 baseband (modem firmware as listed in the about screen). It is highly unlikely that you have this.

IMEI unlocking (official and unofficial) is unavailable for ATT iPhones.

The gevey sim interposer will work however it is both unreliable and illegal.

Your best option is to buy an iPhone 4 whilst in Italy. All Italian Market iPhones are factory unlocked so you will be able to use it on any gsm network in the world including Vodafone, T-Mobile, ATT, etc

Simply connect your new iPhone to your iTunes and restore from back up continuing on to sync. If you are a jailbreaker, redsnow 9.6rc17 will do the trick.

If for some reason you can not afford a new contract free iPhone from an Italian Apple store, then as long as you are in a fixed location where your phone will not switch cell towers and are ok with the ethical and legal implications of the gevey sim, it will suffice, but I strongly advise the factory unlocked option. Sell or give your ATT iPhone to a friend, family, or returning American as you'll never need it again and it may help offset the cost.

Hope this helps, safe travels!

JP

Page generated in 0.06566 seconds with 7 queries