View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 14:16   #36 (permalink)
rizapn
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
Binary File:
1. The file is loaded from MMC to RAM all bytes, and then executed from the RAM area.
2. I use RAM 0020:0000 until the end. It is not used by dictaphone, and MP3Player. But, I think yes, it is used by the java midlet.
3. I did check some pages, starting from 20 until 29 and all are filled by 00. There are something again in the page 2A. If 20-29 is really free, then binary file up to 10x16KB (160KB) will give no problem.

4. Yes, of course possible. The drawImage() function is 0xD6A45C. There are some clear example usage starting from address 0xD6B4B8, and some other location ...
5. Hehehe actually, this is the function which I really want from the beginning, but rather hard to cover, and finally. I use it in my unpublished : "Display both name + number" and "Show signal level + battery voltage" patches with the very small number font type. I will publish it soon ...

I still have no idea how to modify the firmware area byte by byte on the fly. And I think, binary file is not for fixed patching, but for additional function, just like a midlet, but in a low-level. I also mention about using language file as a patch file in another topic in this forum. Using language file, we can load bytecode in the firmware area, so it can be as a patch or a collection of add-on. I plan to use this method for building a big text reader (up to 2 x 64KB) which is possible to combine with MP3.

VideoRAM:
Hmmm, interesting information. Let's explore it ...

rizapn

Last edited by rizapn; 07-28-2004 at 15:17.

Page generated in 0.07522 seconds with 7 queries