View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 20:34   #24 (permalink)
adancau
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizionar
Excellent! You have many good ideas, and you've incorporated them very well in this midlet.
My suggestions would be:
- to increase capability of midlet to read bigger files, because I believe many people have log files of at least 10 Kb, and some even up to 20 Kb (my sms log reaches aboput 15 Kb) So, this would be something that needs to be focused on.
- to make total time in separate option (i.e. in Options>All calls out/in, like in LogReader) because it is the information one doesn't need all the time, and it's better to use that space in display to show two more items in list. Plus, log file will probably load faster when that calculation is separated from loading (which doesn't say that it loads it slowly now, but it would be even faster).
Thanks for the appreciation. Regarding your suggestions:
- There will be a new version tomorrow morning, which will include support for files up to 16KB. Had to do some serious code reshuffling in order to achieve this, and still have some minor bugs left (that's the reason I didn't post it tonight - I'm dead, worked on the midlet all day). I think that 16-17KB is the limit though, and won't go any further up than that. I might try, but this won't be a priority unless people request it due to being unable to read their logs. In other words, 16KB ought to be enough for everybody.

- There will be an option (not sure though if in tomorrow's morning release) to show/hide the total time. It loads faster indeed without the total time. Even faster than before after the code reshuffling.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Page generated in 0.07895 seconds with 7 queries