View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 17:30   #1 (permalink)
hyp0xia

Member: 1777164
Thanks Meter: 0
Question Riff box questions before purchase

Hi All,

Someone had recently dropped off a hard bricked samsung vibrant which has peaked my interest in the riff box because of how many other phones it can support.

For all of you who currently own one of these devices - I was wondering if you could help answer a few questions for me.

1. What exactly comes standard in the riff box bundle? I've seen many descriptions out there and some of them outline this bundle and others just say "riff box and 2 ribbon cables". Can any of you verify if this pcb board labeled "riff jtag box" comes with the bundle?

2. Are there any suppliers in North America for accessories compatible with the riff box like the jig adapters for solderless connectivity?

3. What other components are people typically using with the riff box? I see a lot of users utilizing test hooks for voltage inplace of a battery. Is this a good way to go? Can this all be accomplished using something like this or this? Or should I look for an adapter that plugs into the RJ45 port on the riff box?

That's it for now. Any other suggestions or advice are more than welcome. I've been micro soldering with other devices for a long time now and am excited to try something new.

Thank you very much for anyones help.

Cheers

Page generated in 0.07180 seconds with 7 queries