Old 09-23-2012, 16:04   #15 (permalink)
vazgsm
No Life Poster

Member: 111871
Sonork: 100.78975
Thanks Meter: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZP1970 View Post
Actually, you have to be very careful cleaning oxidation. An electronic component can be heavily oxidized - but still working. Cleaning it may destroy the component. I've had this happen to me quite a few times in the past.

Oxidation in itself isn't a problem. But it eats into the electronic component causing it to fail. So if a component doesn't work and it's oxidized, it won't start working all of a sudden when you remove the oxidation.
I disagree. oxidation makes shortages, and by your pictures, itīs clear that is the case. if a component is damaged, of course it wonīt be fixed just by cleaning, but without cleaning, you canīt see the real damages. and it wonīt fail just because you cleaned it (well, at least they donīt when I clean, dunno how you do it). an even if if does, if part gets destroyed, it was supposed to be replaced anyway.

never had problems for cleaning, they happen when pcb is not cleaned properly. how many phones began to work again simply by cleaning up the board, which proves the importance of it. when you keep powering oxidized boards, you risk to damage it even more. Something I NEVER do, is to power an oxidized board, but maybe itīs just me...

Page generated in 0.06186 seconds with 7 queries