Old 01-29-2013, 18:09   #57 (permalink)
YLG80
Major Poster

Member: 1875869
Thanks Meter: 2
Huawei EM820W (follow-up)

Hello vve,
Thanks for your reply.

Since the modem is now MBIM compatible it has a totally different behavior.
Only Win8 can play with such a beast .
I cannot use the usual EM820WUpdatexx.xx.xx.xx.xx.exe because :
1- I've not found that update.
I've only the Android update files that are also correctly parsed by Huawei flasher.
2- As the modem is in MBIM mode, as soon as there is something changing in the driver, i.e. switch to diag or PC UI mode or whatever, I'm loosing the communication as all USB Com port are disconnected. This is really tricky.

I've tried to to flash the modem with Huawei flasher 1.1, but the same problem occured.
As soon as Huawei flasher has switched the modem to another mode for programming, I've lost the communication. (the 4 USB com ports have vanished in the Device Manager.)

When Huawei Flasher has switched the modem for programming, the vid/pid have changed from 12d1/1571 to 12d1/1568 which is normal for firmware updates ,I guess .
( same behavior in Android but former vid/pid were 12d1/1404 and 12d1/1003)

Now the question is :
what drivers do I have to see in the Device Manager when in firmware update mode.
If I know that I will try to hack the driver so that it will not loose the communication.
During my first test, it returned to MBIM mode.

I told you that it is an interesting question !
Never update a modem to Win8 MBIM if your intent is to use it with another OS.

Regards
Yves

BTW, thanks for the new drivers. I'm using hacked driver version 4.20.05.00. Will check what's new in the new driver set.

Last edited by YLG80; 01-29-2013 at 18:16.

Page generated in 0.13993 seconds with 7 queries