View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 20:19   #1 (permalink)
user.name
Crazy Poster

Member: 1406326
Thanks Meter: 3
BSNL EVDO on Android Smartphone SUCCESS

HTC desire was not my first choice of smart phone but all came into existence of having dual technology CDMA + GSM sim card with Android 4.0

Enabling BSNL EVDO service in HTC desire VC was quiet challenge. BSNL AGRA provides EVDO RUIM cards, where RUIM card can be plugged into CDMA OMH compatible phones.

After switching on HTC desire VC android phone the CDMA 1x and EVDO signals will be detected by the phone. By default if data is enabled in your EVDO RUIM card the phone will be trying to connect.

Access point configuration for BSNL EVDO on HTC desire VC

Access point name : bsnl (it can be your name)

Access point : bsnl (it can be any name)

Username : 165

Password : 165

Authentication type : none

Rest of the settings will be default.

Save the settings and turn on Mobile network most probably it should try connecting and it might fail to connect EVDO (3G signal) . But it will connect to 1x signal if your EVDO data service is active.

In this case check with BSNL office for authentication of MEID in EVDO. If you are in AGRA, visit Sanjay Place BSNL CSC to test the MEID authentication of your CDMA device with the BSNL RUIM card.

After updating your MEID in BSNL system and if still unable to connect 3G EVDO request BSNL officer to disable the MEID authentication in their system and check it.

Hopefully it should connect and it got connected for me. And now I’m enjoying unlimited internet access over mobile around 2.5 Mbps of download speed and max 256 kbps of upload speed. It seems BSNL has capped the upload speed for EVDO services.

Page generated in 0.07167 seconds with 7 queries