Old 12-20-2013, 05:11   #10 (permalink)
Cupidla

Member: 2088377
Thanks Meter: 0
4.1 - Learn how ResearchDownload Work

First you have to install the drivers, you can find them here:
ADB Drivers: Spreadtrum Drivers.7z
Debug Drivers: SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4.7z

Then you have to plug your phone to your computer with your micro usb cable. Your phone have to be powered on.
Be sure every pieces of hardware are detected and installed correctly.
As you can see, this phone is not just detected as an ADB device, or as a mass storage device.
It actually have an internal serial port to usb adapter !
In other words that means this processor provide a way to flash his nand very easily even if it is fully bricked. It's a rare and pretty good feature you don't see that often. In fact, most of the time you have to solder a real serial port yourself on the phone motherboard, then have to use a Serial to USB adapter to have this level of access to the hardware.

So yes, back to tutorial.

Now you will have to unplug your phone and turn it off.

You have to download the debug tools, you can download them here: DEBUG_TOOL.7z

First you have to start the channel server, you will have to disable your firewall for this app, it's because this tool use a network protocol to communicate with the other tools.
Then open ResearchDownload.

ResearchDownload is a weird flashing utility, it can open a .pac firmware file and can make a .pac out of .img files. You also can flash .img files and that's what we will do. But unfortunately it can't make a full backup ... So be careful !

The cog logo is here to let you open a .pac file. We don't need that as we probably don't have it.

The "two cogs logo" let you configure the flash utility.
Click on this to bring a new window.
On the download settings window, click on select product then choose your type of phone. (SC8810 or SC6820, it doesn't really matters if you take the wrong one out of those two.)
Then uncheck "Select All Files" as you don't have any of theses.
You can see FDL1 and FDL2 are still checked, and you don't have those files ...
As they are needed to start the Flash utility, we will have to find them.
I came across only 3 different FDL1 files, but for theses FDL1 it seems every phone have his own FDL2.
You will have to find the ones that work for you.

Here is an archive of nearly every FDLs available: FDL Files.7z

Choose one FDL1, and one FDL2 located in the same folder. (you can choose a File with a right click on the FileName blank space in front of FDL1)

Click on OK.
Then click on the "Play button" saying start download.
It may show some warning, it's not a problem.

Now, press Volume Down on your phone, then you have to plug it on the USB Port, still holding the button.

You can release the button when the flash begins.

You may have to press an other button than Volume-. Some phones are reported to use the Home Button instead.
You may also have to remove, wait a while, and reinsert the battery before holding volume- or after the flashing procedure to be able to start the phone.

If ResearchDownload shows you an error or timeout, try another set of FDLs Files. Keep trying until you find one pair that work !

If it works the flashing process should start right away. Just a millisecond after Windows have detected and initialized the device when you plugged it.

When you have the right FDLs, you can go to the next step, flashing something useful ^^ (we haven't flashed anything as of now, just been searching for a compatible flashing bios)

If your working FDLs folder does not have the name of your phone, please tell me what phone you have and what FDLs you used so I can rename them.

I got an Droid mini7100 .
i tried the above and now when i power on the phone it has a white scree (screen light) with lines and android logo faintly visible and keeps flashing when i press the home button .. FDL2 is good but none of the FDL1 was working ..and you please assist me as to how to repair this ..thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.10681 seconds with 7 queries