GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Uni-Android Tool - UAT PRO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2019, 16:45   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2843734
Thanks Meter: 148
[FRP]ADB[MAIN Module] Samsung Galaxy S8 Active SM-G892U Sprint

[FRP]ADB[MAIN Module] Samsung Galaxy S8 Active SM-G892U Sprint

sm-g892u
s8 Active
g892usqs4bsb3
security patch: 02/01/2019
binary 4
UAT / Combo / Odin 3.13.1 - Patched (supports LZ4 and more)

[looking for the screenshot]

I have found with this phone there is no way with this security patch to manually bypass FRP. You must flash a combination rom or adb enabled boot image, eng boot etc then remove the FRP using adb but the proper way. How did i do this one? I First flashed complete combo, then reset frp through FRP module samsung adb function, this didnt work FRP Still showed as "ON" so i enabled Factory IME and dialed *#0808# then used Qualcomm mode with ADB removal, factory reset and rebooted into download mode and FRP OFF! I Then flashed same firmware originally on phone after figuring out alternate keys to get phone into a *working* download mode. There seems to be 3 types, 1) key combo boot directly into download mode - didnt flash with odin stalled on "File Analysis" so i left phone on and attempted to use 2) quick combo holding all buttons down to reboot then quickly pushing vol down and power + bixby as soon as screen went black.. This eventually brough up download mode after holding for a while and this flash using odin gave same error. After this different upload modes kept getting triggered and brought up on the screen because of holding down certain combinations of buttons too long and i found out that when this happens the way to get to download mode (even though it wont work for flashing at least for me it didnt) was by holding only the bixby and volume down buttons. Finally I booted into combination firmware, rebooted to download mode using adb. To explain easy this mode is just a screen saying download mode with no details such as if FRP lock is on and details on binary # etc. This actually worked for flashing with odin.

I had similar issues with my personal Custom Blue S8+ i built by hand. It was so strange i was able to use a combo on a very low bit/binary (not even for this US variant sitting on u3 i believe it was) for a -totally different- model samsung but did work.. Still looking into this.. I ditched Verizon firmware and put U firmware on.

Ok back to this FRP. This was the most aggravating Samsung I have done an FRP on wasnt easy stuff as usual.. especially finding valid crc non corrupt combo files and good firmware on binary 4's same build with fast download speeds.. I wish this phone would have been supported for download mode removal. But with 8.0 and the patches along with tricks Samsung has it seems it is a harder device to get working correctly in UAT. My experience..

Easy Firmware just launched their massive File/Guide/TestPoint/Software/Firmware FTP Repository recently! FTP Dongle I will be making use of this and trying it out so no more paying small sites money for files and or searching the whole world wide web for an hour or sometimes as long as a day depending on how busy your shop / jobs are.

I hope my details on how i had to remove FRP on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active will help others who run into the same or similar issues and get stuck not knowing what to try next.

To those who get upload mode.. can't flash in Download mode using hardware keys to get into Download mode? If so then get to where you can boot normaly by using various key combos and then use UAT Special Features under Samsung to reboot to Download Mode. You will reboot to bootloader / download mode and not the usual.

Searching Connceted Device ...
Found
MODAL : SM-G892U
MANUFUCTURER : samsung
ANDROID VERSION : 7.0
CPU : arm64-v8a
CHIPSET : MSM8998
HARDWARE : qcom
BOARD : msm8998
BOOTLOADER : FA70_G892USQU4ASB1
USB CONFIG : mtp,adb
USER : dpi
BASEBAND : G892USQU4ASB1
DISPLAY ID : NRD90M.FA70_G892USQU4ASB1
BUILD ID : NRD90M
PDA : FA70_G892USQU4ASB1
SIM STATE : UNKNOWN
KNOX VERSION : 1.0.0
SERIAL NO. : ***********
SOFT VERSION : G892USQU4ASB1
TIME ZONE :
BUILD DATE : Fri Feb 1 13:03:17 KST 2019
BUILD TAGS : release-keys
NETWORK TYPE : Unknown
SIM OPERATOR :
LCD DENSITY : 640
Checking Root : Not Rooted

Resetting Frp Please wait...

Frp Reset done
The Following User Says Thank You to noidodroid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 08:39   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2359670
Thanks Meter: 54
You dont need to get mariana trench. You can easily bypass this manual method. What you did little risky flashing etc.
Old 07-31-2019, 19:20   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2843734
Thanks Meter: 148
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I did what I did on purpose. I rarely put a device into a soft or hard brick unless done intentionally so i can pull it out via EDL or test points (still learning TP's). You are right a manual way would have worked as easy but i want to put our teams software to the absolute test with everything I do. I normally do manual and UAT removal. You can find all my manual guides on Various US Variants on here and primarily XDA.