GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 444838
Thanks Meter: 14
Prevent Scammers

Many of us experienced being scammed and others are not because they knew how to counter scammers. Can anybody suggests or make advices how to prevent being scammed on online services? Scammers do not make any suggestions or comments. This is not your turn.
Old 10-04-2014, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 177503
Sonork: 100.1657346
Thanks Meter: 390
@monj
its not that hard. simply before you start business with someone just google with his details. also search in this section. Market Feedback
you'll know if that seller has any bad record or not. there are many trust worthy sellers here in this forum who's doing business for quite a long time. choose any of them to be secure. because big and old sellers give more value to their reputation.

there's already a sticky post to aware user from being scammed.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f112...iders-1610333/
The Following User Says Thank You to string_master For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2014, 09:55   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1712149
Sonork: 100.1655697
Thanks Meter: 26
The only advise I can give you is this:

Don't be lured by prices, put aside your greed and think first. That way you will see clearly
who is who.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashir_Amin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52   #4 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 1792851
Sonork: 100.1622382
Thanks Meter: 13
This is What I can say, Ive been scammed more then once and learned from it.

Always google there website, see if any posting about them.

Always take payment upfront never ever let someone pay later, even if your making a crazy profit.

Never take a Service & Goods Payment, if you have never delt with the company before. Charges backs are easy in this game and Paypal always listens to the buyer.

And always ask your former unlockers for advice or do you know this person?

(Hope it has helped somewhat, Hope it doesnt happen to you. Many wishing with unlocking)

Regards,
Justin Paradelo
Co-Owner
Unlocks For Less Inc.
The Following User Says Thank You to S2JSolutions For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2014, 18:20   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2195740
Thanks Meter: 4
*Always require payment upfront* - I don't know why this would be questioned to begin with unless it's a trusted client.

Once you have received payment, research that PayPal email address. There is a thread full of Charge-back PayPal email ad******* on here.

Look for advertisements from the client. Do they have a strong advertising campaign? Is there website full of information? If you see a client is putting effort into their business, they can most likely be trusted.

If it's a random person who has a website 'under construction/coming soon' don't even bother with them.

A dollar saved is better than a dollar lost.

Most importantly, don't be greedy. This will save you a ton of headaches.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SlimYourSim For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-20-2014, 07:34   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 444838
Thanks Meter: 14
I have a doubt that some scammers can create an account in skype outside of their own country beside their skype account in their country. Do you think this is possible? They posed as two different person but the fact is two account but one person. I am not sure about this that is why I am soliciting your ideas. If this is true then I was a victimized. Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 17:29   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2195740
Thanks Meter: 4
For suspicious payments (IP, Name/Address doesn't match) I require the customer to provide documents proving they are the account holder. Documents such as photo id, utility bill etc.

If they do not verify they are the account holder, I don't process their order. Simple as that.

If you are greedy and hurting for orders, you will accept every payment placed on your website without taking action to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Old 10-23-2014, 18:32   #8 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 2089356
Sonork: Threema: 3N5W6VV9
Thanks Meter: 520
Donate money to this user
also i am new like a seller, but first day i was cheated from Pro Cheater, i trusted him than he didnt pay me 200euro, after a day i searched his username on the forum and i discover than he cheated more than 30users on this forum, really bad for the first day,but it was a lesson, now he plays with me i will send tomorrow every day,

Do the search his email his skype his name in google incuding tag GSM